Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am currently starting my GCSE’s in Year 9 and our physics teacher has asked us to vote on which exam board we should take. She has given us 4 options:1) Edexcel GCSE 9-1 1PH02) AQA GCSE 9-1 84633) WJEC Eduqas GCSE 9-1 601/8624/04) OCR GCSE 9-1 Gateway Suite J249Can you help me decide which exam board to vote for in terms of their content, exam style etc. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    AQA
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    How on earth have the class got the knowledge to make a sensible choice? I'd try to change Physics teachers.

ReputationRep:
    I do Edexcel and find it quite easy. The content is concise and the textbooks are nice. The exams are also not that difficult. They do checklists for each topic test and as long as you make notes on each point (and answering the easy textbook questions for the topic) you can easily get 30- full marks without learning irrelevant info.

ReputationRep:
    AQA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Compost)
    How on earth have the class got the knowledge to make a sensible choice? I'd try to change Physics teachers.
    This. If not possible AQA.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster

To make a decision you should download the exam papers from each board and look at the exam format and syllabus content of what you would study.
    I highly doubt your class will do any research.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    AQA without a doubt.

ReputationRep:
    Could you give me any indication why in terms of content and question easiness. Also, can you give me advice on any textbooks/revision guides.

ReputationRep:
    AQA, most people do it so you'll be able to find more revision resources for it.

ReputationRep:
    AQA by a mile

ReputationRep:
    aqa

ReputationRep:
    AQA

ReputationRep:
    Edexcel

ReputationRep:
    AQA is the most widely used as far as I'm aware. This means that a lot more of the revision resources will be based on the AQA specification. My personal favourite revision resources (for example, Freesciencelessons) do use AQA. With this in mind, I'd definitely suggest AQA.

That being said, however, I don't know why your teacher is giving a group of year 9s who likely don't know what they'd be getting themselves into and probably have no idea what each exam board would entail/what would be best suited to your learning. That, in my opinion, is slightly irresponsible of her. However, you asked which exam board, so to answer your question, definitely AQA

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.