Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi ! i was wondering if you can use your personal statement from last year or ucas will think its a plagiarism.
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Durlescu)
    hi ! i was wondering if you can use your personal statement from last year or ucas will think its a plagiarism.
    You an as long as its your own work.

Ask the ucas verification team.

An old thread said, but i cant find the link its moved, so check with ucas.

7. Can I use the personal statement I wrote for a previous application again?

Yes, you can use a statement from a previous application provided the original was all your own work. The service removes all matches where the name and date of birth of the applicant are the same, so if the service highlights similarities it will not match with your previous statement but with other sources already in our library.

Fraud and similarity –guidance for applicantsUCAS operates a dedicated Verification Team, tasked with the prevention and detection of fraud in applications and similarity in personal statements.We have a responsibility to our applicants, course providers, and stakeholders to screen applications for false, missing, and/or misleading information, personal statements for patterns of similarity, and to report our findings. Our aim is to avoid anyone gaining from an unfair advantage and securing a place by deception. If you provide true, complete, and accurate information, and if your personal statement is all your own work, you have nothing to worry about.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.