Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, anyone applying to Medicine at Leeds?
    I thought I should make a thread for the 2018 entry

ReputationRep:
    I’ve applied!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by my.med.journey)
    I’ve applied!!
    Same! Sent my UCAS off on Friday - so nervous now

ReputationRep:
    Me too! Where else have you applied ? X
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by my.med.journey)
    Me too! Where else have you applied ? X
    Leicester, Sheffield & Newcastle
    Wbu?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone received a confirmation email from Leeds? 2 other unis have sent me one but not them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melodylucia)
    Has anyone received a confirmation email from Leeds? 2 other unis have sent me one but not them
    Yh I received mine on Friday

ReputationRep:
    I have also applied to Leeds, watching this thread, not received anything back yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Window16)
    I have also applied to Leeds, watching this thread, not received anything back yet
    When did you send off your application

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 67823)
    When did you send off your application
    Friday, Yourself?

ReputationRep:
    When do Leeds start to send out interviews/ rejections?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubblegum like)
    When do Leeds start to send out interviews/ rejections?
    usually in Dec, jan or in some cases feb

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Window16)
    usually in Dec, jan or in some cases feb
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 67823)
    Leicester, Sheffield & Newcastle
    Wbu?
    Cambridge, St. Andrews, Nottingham and then Bristol for virology and immunology
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying to Leeds as well!! I just want to inform everyone here that an email should've been sent today confirming that they've received your application.

Also this web page gives a nice overview of the criteria Leeds is looking at: https://medhealth.leeds.ac.uk/info/2...ection_process

ReputationRep:
    Applied to Leeds and received a confirmation email.
    Can someone please guide me on what is required as a 'proof' of work experience? I interned over the summer in a NGO - autistic children, dermatologist and a hospital across diff departments/fields. I read that uni's randomply as a sample ask students to submit a form on the work experience. Can anyone help please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shalukat)
    Applied to Leeds and received a confirmation email.
    Can someone please guide me on what is required as a 'proof' of work experience? I interned over the summer in a NGO - autistic children, dermatologist and a hospital across diff departments/fields. I read that uni's randomply as a sample ask students to submit a form on the work experience. Can anyone help please?
    Keele requires a Roles & Responsibility form for their application, in which the applicant outlines work experience, I would look at what they ask for to get an overview of what "work experience" means. Typically, it's usually a part-time job or volunteer work - or at least that's what I'm using as work experience :^) For proof, I would just contact a supervisor/employer and ask if they could be your referee.
    Keep in mind, it doesn't have to be related to medicine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adri_)
    Keele requires a Roles & Responsibility form for their application, in which the applicant outlines work experience, I would look at what they ask for to get an overview of what "work experience" means. Typically, it's usually a part-time job or volunteer work - or at least that's what I'm using as work experience :^) For proof, I would just contact a supervisor/employer and ask if they could be your referee.
    Keep in mind, it doesn't have to be related to medicine.
    Thanks lot!

ReputationRep:
    I'm off to Leeds defered from last year so good luck with your BMAT everyone! Any other deferred applicants on this thread?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimtheHo)
    I'm off to Leeds defered from last year so good luck with your BMAT everyone! Any other deferred applicants on this thread?
    well done on the place, a quick one, what kind of BMAT results did you achieve?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.