Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What Bible quotes condemn homosexuality? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm a Christian who happens to not understand why there is such a big debate over the rights and freedoms of gays to marry. God created us equally, and I think both straight and gay couples should have the right to marry as they please. Gays shouldn't be discriminated against for the sole basis that they have a different sexual orientation. However, it seems like they are being discriminated against, particularly in the school I'm in right now. (A Christian private school).

It doesn't make sense to me.

Again, I'm a Christian, have accepted Jesus into my life, love God and try my best to follow his commandments. But, thinking principally and morally - as a Christian and a straight person, I cannot see how homosexuality is a sin. Two people who happen to be of the same sexual orientation love each other; what's so depraving about that? Love is love, and we're all created equally in His image.

ReputationRep:
    This whole debate is an attack on the institution called marriage and therefore family units. Families is how the population continues from 1 generation to the next. Can you imagine what would happen if everyone decided they were gay?

Gays can do what they want, but they should not marry since marriage is a union between man and woman.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VeryStudious)
    I'm a Christian who happens to not understand why there is such a big debate over the rights and freedoms of gays to marry. God created us equally, and I think both straight and gay couples should have the right to marry as they please. Gays shouldn't be discriminated against for the sole basis that they have a different sexual orientation. However, it seems like they are being discriminated against, particularly in the school I'm in right now. (A Christian private school).

It doesn't make sense to me.

Again, I'm a Christian, have accepted Jesus into my life, love God and try my best to follow his commandments. But, thinking principally and morally - as a Christian and a straight person, I cannot see how homosexuality is a sin. Two people who happen to be of the same sexual orientation love each other; what's so depraving about that? Love is love, and we're all created equally in His image.

Hi

Personally I don't feel it is up to us to be concerned about what others do unless there is an injustice. We are taught in the New Testament to follow the new commandments which are to love God and to love each other, preferring their needs above our own. All the other laws hang off these commandments. God calls us to be kind and to be inclusive.

One day we will all stand before God and give account of our OWN lives.

This isn't to say we should be silent when there is injustice. We should fight against injustice but this type of thing doesn't come under that.

Just my view.

This is an interesting article, but at the end of the day it is for each person to decide based on their conscience.

http://www.upworthy.com/there-are-6-...hey-really-say

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 12, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.