Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if I sound retarded but then, what do you get out of an honours degree? I asked this because my mom was like: "You could be like Hender, where you get paid by the government of Belgium" Like where ever she goes, she gets money from the government. I kinda understand that kind of treatment because she has a doctorate. I don't know what it's called. I'm still unsure if I want to go to university (and yes, if I do go to uni, it's be BA Animation, that's why A&D uni is the topic)

There's this thing where the government supports you and gives you money for everything(?), I'm not sure if that exists, I only know scholarship is a thing but I don't believe any other educational treatment beyond that because that's too kind and I don't do that.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sirgroot)
    I don't know if I sound retarded but then, what do you get out of an honours degree? I asked this because my mom was like: "You could be like Hender, where you get paid by the government of Belgium" Like where ever she goes, she gets money from the government. I kinda understand that kind of treatment because she has a doctorate. I don't know what it's called. I'm still unsure if I want to go to university (and yes, if I do go to uni, it's be BA Animation, that's why A&D uni is the topic)

There's this thing where the government supports you and gives you money for everything(?), I'm not sure if that exists, I only know scholarship is a thing but I don't believe any other educational treatment beyond that because that's too kind and I don't do that.
    Hey sirgroot,

I'm not sure about getting money from other countries for travelling there but you can get a student loan from the government. You can find the information about student loan, scholarships, and bursaries here. You will be able to get a loan to cover your tuition fee if you meet the requirements as well as a maintenance loan.

At Ravensbourne we offer different types of bursaries for students if they meet the requirements as well for extra help. You will be able to find out more information on our student funding page.

I also thought that you might want to check out our BA Animation course which is taught by industry professionals. The course gives you the chance to work on live briefs as well as working collaboratively with other courses.

I hope this has helped and if you need help please feel free to ask.

Row

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.