The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by markovchain17
That was last week :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really?! And why I get a notification for that hours ago? that is so strange. Can you explain this? it is so confusing.
Original post by clouddbubbles
phewww!
i don’t want to unwatch a thread anymore :wink:
5nd thanks for letting me know how to do it on the app
Mate I have watched about two thousand threads, I got 53 notifications this morning.:tongue:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Kallisto
Really?! And why I get a notification for that hours ago? that is so strange. Can you explain this? it is so confusing.
CT have been messing around with the notifications today.:redface:
Original post by 04MR17
CT have been messing around with the notifications today.:redface:

Oh, that would explain why I get notifications in form of stars for threads in which I have never been for so long. Is it handled now?
Original post by 04MR17
Mate I have watched about two thousand threads, I got 53 notifications this morning.:tongue:

yikes! i thought 18 notifications was bad enough!

(pls go look at my gyg post today i’m desperate for attention ThAnKs!!!!!)
Original post by Kallisto
Oh, that would explain why I get notifications in form of stars for threads in which I have never been for so long. Is it handled now?
Yes they've switched it off now (I think after they saw the outcry from some people). This thread documents what's been happening:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5092592
yikes! i thought 18 notifications was bad enough!

(pls go look at my gyg post today i’m desperate for attention ThAnKs!!!!!)
I've got it open on another tab. I just have to prepare a quiz and eat (because I'm hungry) and then I'll be there.:wink:
Original post by 04MR17
I've got it open on another tab. I just have to prepare a quiz and eat (because I'm hungry) and then I'll be there.:wink:

thanks😜
why am i so desperate today?! because i spent 3 hours making it looks nice :s-smilie:
thanks😜
why am i so desperate today?! because i spent 3 hours making it looks nice :s-smilie:

It looks nice I'll give you that.:smile:
@04MR17 can I not be on the tag list please, don't really have time for these quizzes :redface:
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
@04MR17 can I not be on the tag list please, don't really have time for these quizzes :redface:
Absolutely fine.:yy:

Hope you're okay?:redface:
Original post by 04MR17
Absolutely fine.:yy:

Hope you're okay?:redface:

Thank you :smile:

I'm okay, just being a busy bee with uni essays and work :sleep:
Yoohoo:wavey:

Me again, for the last time I bring you what we have in store for the next few days.:smile:

Tonight @shadowdweller will be testing our knowledge on the History of TSR.:yep:

Over the next few days we'll have @Stiff Little Fingers helping us to match the quote to the world leader. And I'll be looking after a quiz about Fake News, with questions provided by the amazing @Ninja Squirrel.:ahee:

On Friday @shadowdweller will be back to look at Feel Good News:dance:

And I shall finish off on Sunday with another Christmas Quiz for one last hoorah:moon:

I'll use this quote list again on Sunday after that to let you know what happens next:ninja:

If you're looking for the leader-board spreadsheet it's now hiding so there's an element of suspense.:teehee:

[video="youtube;9jK-NcRmVcw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw[/video]

Spoiler

thankyou so much for your hard work 04MR17 !!!

any idea what time we are putting pencil to paper this evening ?

:holmes:
Does anyone know when tonights quiz is happening. Not been tagged in anything...
Hello again everyone:wavey:

Just wanted to take this opportunity to ask for any feedback about the whole competition.:smile:

Things aren't yet over, scores and answers to be sorted, and then the big reveal for the winner and their prize.:woo:

But while the whole thing is fresh in our minds, I'd like to know your thoughts.:smile:

What's been your highlight? Or favourite thing about it?

Anything you think could have done with tightening up? Or had room for improvement?

Try to avoid targeting specific quizzes when talking constructively though please.:wink:

I won't be around until the 26th now, so it's bye bye from me too.:wavey:

MR = out:cool:

[scroll]:merryxmas:[/scroll]

Spoiler

great quiz MR. I cant be enough specific but the quizzez were great and I thoroughly enjoyed them.

Merry Christmas
Wish I could have been more active and taken part in more, but really well done 04.
Great work MR and all involved. What better way to procrastinate for the last 10 weeks. Loved every moment of it. Good luck everybody
Well done on a magnificent challenge to the combined cerebella of TSR !!!

thanks for all your hard work over recent weeks.

:merry:

:yay:
Original post by 04MR17
Hello again everyone:wavey:

Just wanted to take this opportunity to ask for any feedback about the whole competition.:smile:

Things aren't yet over, scores and answers to be sorted, and then the big reveal for the winner and their prize.:woo:

But while the whole thing is fresh in our minds, I'd like to know your thoughts.:smile:

What's been your highlight? Or favourite thing about it?

Anything you think could have done with tightening up? Or had room for improvement?

Try to avoid targeting specific quizzes when talking constructively though please.:wink:

I won't be around until the 26th now, so it's bye bye from me too.:wavey:

MR = out:cool:

[scroll]:merryxmas:[/scroll]

Spoiler

Fantastic Quiz 👏👏👏

Thanks to everyone who has written the quizzes, hosted the quizzes and even participated!

Kudos to @04MR17 for doing all of this for us. Loved every minute of it.

Highlight: Anyone who had a go at a joke answer when they didn't know the question. Everyone who started chatting with each other based on questions. Languages and history quizzes 😂. Constant demonstrations of what I don't know.

Tightening up: Not much. I think there's been human error here and there but that'll come with practice (next year? 😁) There have obviously been the queries about point with technical issues of replying and how to ensure people don't cheat, but I think so long as people treat it with the idea of having fun rather than specifically winning, then there's nothing needing obvious improvement.

And with that said, Merry Christmas to all, and to all a goodnight!

Latest