Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    I am looking for advises regarding Oxford colleges to study HisPol considering:
    Number of students taking the subject
    Number/quality of tutours
    Good spirit of debate
    Location (central)
    Rooms
    Food
    Sports
    Friendly environment
    Other facilities

I was looking at Balliol, New, Merton Pembroke and Worcester. I have checked all online information, including in this site, what I am really looking for is advises given by those studying or that have studied in Oxford.
    Any suggestion is welcome, even other college sugestion.
    Thank you!
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anasoar)
    Hi!
    I am looking for advises regarding Oxford colleges to study HisPol considering:
    Number of students taking the subject
    Number/quality of tutours
    Good spirit of debate
    Location (central)
    Rooms
    Food
    Sports
    Friendly environment
    Other facilities

I was looking at Balliol, New, Merton Pembroke and Worcester. I have checked all online information, including in this site, what I am really looking for is advises given by those studying or that have studied in Oxford.
    Any suggestion is welcome, even other college sugestion.
    Thank you!
    First of all, well done for making college choices based on the right reasons. Too many people try to choose colleges as part of a strategy to get an offer.

Are you applying for 2018 entry? If you are then see the below methods for finding the information you're looking for.
    If you're applying for next year or later, then going and visiting is your best option. Get a sense of the atmosphere of the place.:yep:

Okay, so google maps should help you with location.
    Statistics for number of students on your course (although it will vary each year) should be available online.

"spirit of debate" and "friendly environment" are subjective concepts.

Hope that helps.:hat2:

ReputationRep:
    Ahahahah... thank you for your reply! I am applying for 2018.I have done all of what you sugested, I think I will go for Balliol but I really like the others as well, thus I am afraid Balliol will be very hard to get in... and I like the location of New, half way from both departments but doesn't provide rooms for all years and doesn't have a storeroom for the end of terms.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.