Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which UK University has the most beautiful Campus? Watch

• View Poll Results: Which UK University has the most beautiful Campus?
    University of Exeter
    6.91%
    University of Sussex
    2.12%
    Bangor University
    1.34%
    Keele University
    3.37%
    University of Nottingham
    9.89%
    University of Bristol
    4.36%
    University of Oxford
    19.60%
    Royal Holloway, Uni of London
    6.61%
    University of Cambridge
    26.51%
    University of St Andrews
    5.48%
    University of Birmingham
    7.73%
    University of Aberdeen
    1.34%
    University of Greenwich
    2.42%
    Queen's University Belfast
    2.33%

ReputationRep:
    Goldsmiths and UCL have been robbed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yesmonica)
    Goldsmiths and UCL have been robbed
    But their injuries are not life-threatening and in the case of UCL nothing that plastic surgery couldn't fix.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by werato)
    Where is Stirling though?
    Scotland I believe.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    This is an interesting poll.

We have noticed there are lots of universities not included in this poll. So voting aside, we think Liverpool Hope has two beautiful campuses with award winning gardens :banana:

Ruth & Katie

ReputationRep:
    none of the above look at Reading that uni is stunning dow by the Metrogical block

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    Update no. 1:

Cambridge take an early lead after just 2 hours.:beard:

Spoiler:
    Show

:bump:
    Which is a shame as Cambridge does not have a campus. Your candidates are severely flawed because they include universities without campuses.

It's rather like asking which university offers the best veterinary science course and including Coventry and Oxford.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    Which is a shame as Cambridge does not have a campus. Your candidates are severely flawed because they include universities without campuses.

It's rather like asking which university offers the best veterinary science course and including Coventry and Oxford.
    Interesting use of the word your when they are not my candidates. The same query has been raised and I've responded to it in the thread. Thank you for your worthwhile contribution to this discussion.:hat2:
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Interesting use of the word your when they are not my candidates. The same query has been raised and I've responded to it in the thread. Thank you for your worthwhile contribution to this discussion.:hat2:
    Presumably you are unwilling to take responsibility for deliberately posting inaccurate information (or fake news as it is increasingly called).
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Presumably you are unwilling to take responsibility for deliberately posting inaccurate information (or fake news as it is increasingly called).
    I think you're not taking this thread in the spirit that it was intended. You don't have to post here if you do not wish to.

ReputationRep:
    I think you're not taking this thread in the spirit that it was intended. You don't have to post here if you do not wish to.
    Presumably that is the spirit of making TSR appear to be full of people who cannot tell what a campus is? Or who believe Oxford and Cambridge have campuses? Either way it does nothing for the reputation of TSR, does it? Have you noticed which two institutions have the most votes, by any chance?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liverpool Hope University)
    This is an interesting poll.

We have noticed there are lots of universities not included in this poll. So voting aside, we think Liverpool Hope has two beautiful campuses with award winning gardens :banana:

Ruth & Katie
    Why thank you Ruth and Katie.:hat2:

I've visited Hope a few times so I know how delightful it can be.

Unfortunately there is a limit to the number of poll options available on a thread, so I just followed the ones that the article listed.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I may have plans for something bigger, similar sort of thing, for which you can be involved.:ninja:
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Presumably that is the spirit of making TSR appear to be full of people who cannot tell what a campus is? Or who believe Oxford and Cambridge have campuses? Either way it does nothing for the reputation of TSR, does it? Have you noticed which two institutions have the most votes, by any chance?
    Have you noticed the leader-board I was posting with that exact information, by any chance?

This is Educational debate, the thread was intended as a bit of fun, to see if the good people of TSR had a different opinion to those who voted in the poll in the article. If you don't like it, you don't need to post.

ReputationRep:
    I voted St Andrews. Beside the sea, near Dundee and Edinburgh, Feels homely and not too big

ReputationRep:
    Coventry

ReputationRep:
    This is Educational debate, the thread was intended as a bit of fun
    Make your mind up. Either it is educational, in which case accuracy is all-important, or it is fun (with accuracy not important), in which case it should be in a place other than the education debate forum.

I suggest you move it to Chat.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Make your mind up. Either it is educational, in which case accuracy is all-important, or it is fun (with accuracy not important), in which case it should be in a place other than the education debate forum.

I suggest you move it to Chat.
    :lol:

Educational debate is debate about education, not debate intended on being educational.

This thread will have been moved by now if there was an issue.

ReputationRep:
    Educational debate is debate about education, not debate intended on being educational.
    This is not a debate about education. It is about the aesthetics of buildings.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    This is not a debate about education. It is about the aesthetics of buildings.
    K.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Have you noticed the leader-board I was posting with that exact information, by any chance?

This is Educational debate, the thread was intended as a bit of fun, to see if the good people of TSR had a different opinion to those who voted in the poll in the article. If you don't like it, you don't need to post.
    No need to defend yourself.

Any sensible person will understand that the definition of campus is just the grounds/buildings of a university. As mentioned before, if we eliminated any that were not an exclusive, all enclosed, dedicated sole space, there wouldn't be an interesting poll in the first place due to lack of universities that would meet the criteria.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J-SP)
    No need to defend yourself.

Any sensible person will understand that the definition of campus is just the grounds/buildings of a university. As mentioned before, if we eliminated any that were not an exclusive, all enclosed, dedicated sole space, there wouldn't be an interesting poll in the first place due to lack of universities that would meet the criteria.
    :yy:

I think I've got plans for something more substantial than this in the future. Gonna need to let this one fizzle out first though...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.