Turn on thread page Beta

Returning to Uni After Dropping Out - In Need of Help/Advice! watch

    • Thread Starter

    Hi, all,

    I have dropped out at the very end of my first year at Uni in late March because of a bunch of serious personal reasons. My situation is now much more stable and I want to continue education next year, doing a very similar course (I did English and Creative Writing, and now I want to do Creative Writing) in a different University.

    I know that it might be a bit of a stupid question, but I am totally lost to how I would go about doing this - would I go through the exact same procedure as when I applied for my first course, or would it look totally different? How soon should I start sorting everything out?

    I will be very grateful for any help, thank you all so much <3.
    • Community Assistant

    Community Assistant
    It's exactly the same, although you may need to, or want to, use your personal tutor or equivalent as your academic reference. The process through UCAS is the same, although you need to indicate the time spent at your previous university, even if no qualification was gained - you can simply indicate that you withdrew from the course, but as it's similar to the one you're applying to you might want to specify that it was due to personal circumstances (as they may assume it was academic otherwise).
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.