The Student Room Group

Applying for Student Finance When Independent

Hi, all,

I am set on returning to University next year after dropping out at the very end of March for personal reasons, I am a bit worried about my SFE application, however - I am now living and supporting myself absolutely on my own, as I am in no contact with my family anymore (I don't really want to go into details) and they will not be able to support my claim at all.

Is it still possible for me to receive any money from SFE (both tuition and maintenance money)? I mean, I know that it's going to affect how much money I get, but at the end of the day I don't mind how much I get as long as I am able to pay for my tuition fees, as I am working anyway and will continue working through University.

Thank you for any help!
Original post by msry
Hi, all,

I am set on returning to University next year after dropping out at the very end of March for personal reasons, I am a bit worried about my SFE application, however - I am now living and supporting myself absolutely on my own, as I am in no contact with my family anymore (I don't really want to go into details) and they will not be able to support my claim at all.

Is it still possible for me to receive any money from SFE (both tuition and maintenance money)? I mean, I know that it's going to affect how much money I get, but at the end of the day I don't mind how much I get as long as I am able to pay for my tuition fees, as I am working anyway and will continue working through University.

Thank you for any help!

Every student who is eligible for student finance, is entitled to at least the tuition fee loan and the non-income based maintenance loan. To get the higher part of the maintenance loan, you have to either be self supporting for the last 3 years, 25 or over on the first day of the academic year or be estranged from your parents.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending