Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi

My partners 20 year old daughter has been saving for a travel holiday for several years now and time has come to start planning.

She's going to be going on her own but will meet up with friends after xmas. She's probably going to be going east and doing some charity work, possibly with Orangutans or similar (in Borneo).

So we're going to sit down this afternoon and go through her options....maybe fly to Thailand and go from there.

Not sure how much planning should be done or should it be a case of....."might go here tomorrow, might go there tomorrow" and literally do things on the spur of the moment (as a 51 year old virgo, i would have everything planned down to the last detail)

This is her "gap year" which she is taking before starting a 4 year uni course at Essex uni.

So if anyone has any advice or pointers to websites etc, it would be very reassuring and welcome.

Kindest regards

Andy
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by jevs)
    Hi

My partners 20 year old daughter has been saving for a travel holiday for several years now and time has come to start planning.

She's going to be going on her own but will meet up with friends after xmas. She's probably going to be going east and doing some charity work, possibly with Orangutans or similar (in Borneo).

So we're going to sit down this afternoon and go through her options....maybe fly to Thailand and go from there.

Not sure how much planning should be done or should it be a case of....."might go here tomorrow, might go there tomorrow" and literally do things on the spur of the moment (as a 51 year old virgo, i would have everything planned down to the last detail)

This is her "gap year" which she is taking before starting a 4 year uni course at Essex uni.

So if anyone has any advice or pointers to websites etc, it would be very reassuring and welcome.

Kindest regards

Andy
    Hang out on thorntree and make a list on what essentials you need to cover. Do not forget insurance and planning for emergencies.

Plan the initial part as well as some things she wishes to do, then be flexible about filling in the gaps.
    https://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/welcome

ReputationRep:
    last year I visited Cameroon in very Cheap price only on 978USD we enjoy a lot with my family, my Cameroon Travel Agent help me lot For This Trip
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jevs)
    Hi

Kindest regards

Andy
    Airbnb do accommodation all over the world and you can get places really cheap to stay at short notice. They have reviews as well so you can see which ones are trustworthy. £25 voucher: www.airbnb.co.uk/c/hannahl423

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.