What is history like?

Watch this thread
Aesha Uddin
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I want to do history for my GCSEs but im not sure if I can do it. Does anyone know what I have to learn like the topics? Is the exam too hard?
Le Beb
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
Hi,
I'm a Year 11 student taking GCSE history and it's a mixed bag. You'll take a few exams on the following topics (some topics will be put together in one exam):
Hitler and Nazi Germany
Elizabethan England
The Cold War
Whitechapel
I think that's all of them. I couldn't tell you how difficult the exam is as I've yet to sit it but I'd say if you're comfortable with essay writing and you enjoy the subject then go for it! Difficulty isn't a huge problem at GCSE, everyone handles it just fine What year are you in by the way? Seems you're either about to start high school or about to pick your options.
Hope this helps x
Ray_Shadows
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
depends on what exam board you're gonna do , see if you can find out
Aesha Uddin
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
hi, thank you so much. I just wanted to know what we were going to do to see if I was interested in them and by what you told me I am interested in them. Btw I just started year 9.
dreaming_spires
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Hia, I am in year 11 and loving history! I genuinely would say that it is my favourite subject (but that may be because of the teacher!). So far we've done
-The Cold War
-Warfare through time 1250-present
-London and the Blitz
and we've just started Elizabethan England. We will then do a German Case Study and... something else I think

I would really recommend it!
Le Beb
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Ah yes, forgot to mention Crime and Punishment😬
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (59)
34.71%
The paper was reasonable (68)
40%
Not feeling great about that exam... (27)
15.88%
It was TERRIBLE (16)
9.41%

Watched Threads