Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I’m 15 almost 16 and very one I know drinks I have 2 friends who don’t and that’s it I’ve lost so many friendships because if this they say I’m boring and should just come out with them once I’m 15 I shouldn’t be worried about drinking I’m focusing on my exams right now. I don’t see the point in getting drunk I’ve been around people my act drunk and they aren’t nice idk what to do I feel like I have no one now

ReputationRep:
    If people don't want to be friends with you because you don't want to drink then they're certainly not worth being friends with anyway. If you were 18+ then I'd say sure, it's good to try it, see if you enjoy it. But you're 15. Don't feel pressured to do anything you're not comfortable with.

ReputationRep:
    If they judge you for not drinking they're probably not the kind of friends you want to stay with, they should respect your decision. Also, ethanol kills brain cells, and there's a reason the legal age is 18- excessive drinking can really harm you long term, and you won't see the effects until it's too late.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    It's okay. I'm not a big drinker, and even now at uni everyone has pre-drinks then goes out to get drunk at a club and then come home for after drinks and I've said no to joining them and they've called me boring. It's okay not to drink and you should stick with it.

ReputationRep:
    lol you don't really want to go out with a bunch of drunk 16 year olds anyway. It's realllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llly crap.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.