Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm the only one that doesn't have a boyfriend Watch

All my friends have boyfriends, and I'm like one of the few that doesn't (I'm 16 and never had one) . I try and tell myself that I'm too focused on A levels but Ive wanted one for ages, now more than ever because Ive started a new school and I'm rlly miserable there and I want something to cheer me up. I know I'm pretty, like guys pop up to me but apparently I have a resting 'b***h face' which can make me look unapproachable . Also, I'm kinda shy if I don't know you very well. Ive pushed this to the back of my mind for ages but I'm honestly really down about it.

** also , my shyness isn't to the point where I won't speak, but I don't go up to people whereas if someone was to come up to me I would speak to them just fine.

I have one question. I'm staying anon for personal reasons. Name your top 5 favourite music artists.

ReputationRep:
    It's one of my pet peeves when people say they're the "only one" suffering from something. In the whole planet, believe me you are not the only teenager without a boyfriend who wants one. You're fine. Don't worry about it. Boyfriends aren't necessary.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I have one question. I'm staying anon for personal reasons. Name your top 5 favourite music artists.
    Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift, Cher Lloyd, Drake, Led Zeppelin

(Original post by DrawTheLine)
    It's one of my pet peeves when people say they're the "only one" suffering from something. In the whole planet, believe me you are not the only teenager without a boyfriend who wants one. You're fine. Don't worry about it. Boyfriends aren't necessary.
    I'm lonely though, and honestly all my friends r quite unentertaining now

ReputationRep:
    Oh no the world gonna end because you don't have a bf

Trust me when I say you're not the only one I'm a 16 year old girl who just started at SF too blah blah basically, I'm in the exact same boat as you. It's tough man but ughhhhhh I mean we gotta ace A Levels but like having a boyfriend would be nice

And to make things worse, this guy smiled and stared at me for a while for a few weeks but I just ignored him because I'm shy and now he probably thinks I'm not interested :/

ReputationRep:
    I've never had a boyfriend

Spoiler:
    Show
    although the fact I'm a man, may be an aggravating factor :innocent:

ReputationRep:
    Try to appear more approachable (smiling, no RBF) and try to talk more to people, initiate the conversation. It won't guarantee you a boyfriend, but it will help you connect more to others, and make friends too.

You could also consider meeting people outside of school too, like volunteering and clubs. This would widen your social circle, and give you other things to focus on rather than feeling sad.

To be honest, a boyfriend isn't all that. You have a lot of time to focus on love and dating. Just enjoy the moment.

Please don't stress about it! I had my first boyfriend at 20 lol. 16 is way, way too young to be worrying this much about boys. Your education, having a good time and having actual good friends which know how to enjoy themselves from outside sources not including boys, are the important things.

Trust me, you'll thank me later when you've had your first serious relationship and you've waited that long. It feels much more special, and you'll be much wiser than girls your age now.

I’m in the same boat as you, 16 only boyfriend I had was like year 6. Haven’t spoken to a boy for years as I’m too anxious to go out with friends ( when I had friends- I don’t have any anymore because of that) and I go to an all girls school. I will probably be lonely forever because I’m not pretty and I just can’t talk to people. If youre pretty, you should be ok because boys will pay attention
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Boyfriends aren't everything. You'll find at that age, they generally don't last long anyway.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    You're very, very young at 16.

You have plenty of time to have a boyfriend and eventually be with someone you really like. Just enjoy life and do things that make you happy.

Try volunteering, getting a job, joining clubs, going out and you could meet your boyfriend there.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    I have no sympathy. You are only 16 - you are still a child and have plenty of time ahead of you. Come back if things are still the same in 10 years and then I might be convinced.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Please don't stress about it! I had my first boyfriend at 20 lol. 16 is way, way too young to be worrying this much about boys. Your education, having a good time and having actual good friends which know how to enjoy themselves from outside sources not including boys, are the important things.

Trust me, you'll thank me later when you've had your first serious relationship and you've waited that long. It feels much more special, and you'll be much wiser than girls your age now.
    I told myself that during gcses and I did do well, but it's so annoying when everyone is getting into relationships and I'm at home

(Original post by asif007)
    I have no sympathy. You are only 16 - you are still a child and have plenty of time ahead of you. Come back if things are still the same in 10 years and then I might be convinced.
    Everyones out having sex and I don't even have a boyfriend. Sometimes I don't wanna hang out with my friends.

ReputationRep:
    Do your gcses lol.

(Original post by Ezisola)
    You're either too picky or not as pretty as you think.
    You can come to that conclusion if you wish , maybe I am too picky but i am pretty so..

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 10, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.