Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm the only one that doesn't have a boyfriend Watch

• Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I told myself that during gcses and I did do well, but it's so annoying when everyone is getting into relationships and I'm at home
    You'll find the right guy one day. Probably sooner than you think.

(Original post by Nebuchadnezzaṛ)
    Do your gcses lol.
    6 A* 4A xxx

ReputationRep:
    but i am pretty so..
    How do you know this?

6 A* 4A xxx
    Congratulations

(Original post by Nebuchadnezzaṛ)
    How do you know this?

Congratulations
    People tell me a lot of the time, and honestly I think people know their face quite well .

ReputationRep:
    Everyones out having sex and I don't even have a boyfriend. Sometimes I don't wanna hang out with my friends.
    Trust me, I know how hard it is to be the only person in your friendship group who is single. But like I said above, you're only 16 - you're still young and have plenty of time to attract guys. Also you're a girl, which means it's 100 times easier for you to find a boyfriend than it is for a guy to find a girlfriend. All you have to do is be patient. If you tried suffering the same struggles that some of us have, you wouldn't be complaining so much.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I've never had a girlfriend. Doesn't mean I will never have one. You are just 16. Give it some time and watch how you will be in a relationship in the future. Besides, you got GCSEs and Alevels to worry about at this age. Not relationships because you won't have time for a proper one and maintaining one is hard at this age.

(Original post by y.u.mad.bro?)
    I've never had a girlfriend. Doesn't mean I will never have one. You are just 16. Give it some time and watch how you will be in a relationship in the future. Besides, you got GCSEs and Alevels to worry about at this age. Not relationships because you won't have time for a proper one and maintaining one is hard at this age.
    Ive tried telling myself this but honestly it only makes me feel worse cause I feel like a massive nerd, and in some respects, a baby cause I feel really immature because I don't have a boyfriend.

ReputationRep:
    Don't panic. Smile a bit more. Get dome advice from more successful mates. Target a few people you fancy. Good to focus on studying too.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Ive tried telling myself this but honestly it only makes me feel worse cause I feel like a massive nerd, and in some respects, a baby cause I feel really immature because I don't have a boyfriend.
    Listen, being in a relationship at this stage seems all fun and stuff and having sex seems like such a big thing because you wanna enjoy yourself and what not. However, you have to realise that you are only 16 and you have your whole life ahead of you. So what your friends are having sex with their bf. They might regret that in the future. Lots of people I talk to do tell me how they wish they waited to have sex and that it is psychologically damaging sometimes. If you really do want a boyfriend, just talk to boys. That's the easiest way to get to know someone. I think it's pretty easy just to smile at someone. You don't have to go over to them. Just smile and look at them and if they come over, start talking. Also, there are surely boys at your school? Why don't you talk to someone who you know isn't an a**.

(Original post by y.u.mad.bro?)
    Listen, being in a relationship at this stage seems all fun and stuff and having sex seems like such a big thing because you wanna enjoy yourself and what not. However, you have to realise that you are only 16 and you have your whole life ahead of you. So what your friends are having sex with their bf. They might regret that in the future. Lots of people I talk to do tell me how they wish they waited to have sex and that it is psychologically damaging sometimes. If you really do want a boyfriend, just talk to boys. That's the easiest way to get to know someone. I think it's pretty easy just to smile at someone. You don't have to go over to them. Just smile and look at them and if they come over, start talking. Also, there are surely boys at your school? Why don't you talk to someone who you know isn't an a**.
    Unfortunately I go to an all girls private skl, I don't meet up with the guys I text cause I don't want it b awkward irl.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately I go to an all girls private skl, I don't meet up with the guys I text cause I don't want it b awkward irl.
    Then it might be hard. I understand where you are coming from though because I go to an all boys school so it is indeed hard to find someone to talk to. I mean try your best you know and talk to boys. You have to make an effort anyway because otherwise people will just think you aren't interested in them.

ReputationRep:
    You're 16 years old. Do well in school and then you can think about dating. The harsh reality is that your friends only have boyfriends because they think it makes them look cool and popular. They won't be popular when they spend the rest of their lives working at McDonald's because they were more interested in instagram likes than trying their best in school.

Your 16
    There are people years older than you who have never had a boyfriend!
    Believe me when I say that having a boyfriend in sixth form is... kinda annoying actually (hence why I'm staying Anon) we never had time to hang out hecause we were always busy and that really took a hit on our relationship and made me quite unhappy.
    So
    It may not he for the hest anyway
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    All my friends have boyfriends, and I'm like one of the few that doesn't (I'm 16 and never had one) . I try and tell myself that I'm too focused on A levels but Ive wanted one for ages, now more than ever because Ive started a new school and I'm rlly miserable there and I want something to cheer me up. I know I'm pretty, like guys pop up to me but apparently I have a resting 'b***h face' which can make me look unapproachable . Also, I'm kinda shy if I don't know you very well. Ive pushed this to the back of my mind for ages but I'm honestly really down about it.
    just be your self finish school then think about it 😇😇😇
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I'm 16 and never had one
    I struggle to understand why people say this. I didn't realise 16 years old was when you lost your single licence.

ReputationRep:
    You can come to that conclusion if you wish , maybe I am too picky but i am pretty so..
    Perhaps it's your vanity putting people off?

ReputationRep:
    Just gonna direct you to this thread...
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=2494281

ReputationRep:
    Ugh, I have similar feeling. I recently moved to the UK after I graduated from uni in New York. Most of my friends are thousands of miles away. I am not in college anymore, so I can't automatically get a group of friends without trying really hard. If you need someone to talk to, send me a PM.

(Original post by Ezisola)
    Perhaps it's your vanity putting people off?
    How does knowing your attractive make you vain?

ReputationRep:
    chanel_666 lol how is she wanting a man doe?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 10, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.