Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm the only one that doesn't have a boyfriend Watch

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I told myself that during gcses and I did do well, but it's so annoying when everyone is getting into relationships and I'm at home
    I know it is! You think they're having such a good time but trust me, in a few months they'll have broken up with them and you'll be way ahead of them in the long run. Just focus on your studies for now, love can wait.

The thing I WOULD recommend though is getting good friends.

ReputationRep:
    All my friends have boyfriends, and I'm like one of the few that doesn't (I'm 16 and never had one) . I try and tell myself that I'm too focused on A levels but Ive wanted one for ages, now more than ever because Ive started a new school and I'm rlly miserable there and I want something to cheer me up. I know I'm pretty, like guys pop up to me but apparently I have a resting 'b***h face' which can make me look unapproachable . Also, I'm kinda shy if I don't know you very well. Ive pushed this to the back of my mind for ages but I'm honestly really down about it.
    Seriously, you don't need one. Just focus on your a-levels and do brilliantly in them and get to wherever you want to be, whether that's uni or a job. You don't need any distractions, relationships usually do more harm than good.

ReputationRep:
    Lower your standards. This might not apply to you but generally speaking, most women believe that they deserve a knight in shining armour who has a six pack, is 6 foot 3+ and is rich; it makes us undesirables feel even more undesirable.

Of course, don't lower them to an uncomfortable level (Being with a guy just so you can say you've got a boyfriend) but don't reject someone just because they don't conform with that "knight in shining armour" persona.

Best of luck!

I'm 19 and I've never had a girlfriend....so it's fine.

Don't worry about it.

ReputationRep:
    How does knowing your attractive make you vain?
    It's not so much the knowing but the constantly referring to it as though it would then entitle you to a partner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lmaooome)
    chanel_666 lol how is she wanting a man doe?
    LOOL a would rather die then waste energy on some next fboy

ReputationRep:
    naaah fam, ive never had one either. a tbf i dont think anyones particually interested but we're un the same boat.

ReputationRep:
    I am looking for a girlfriend. No way I find to talk with a girl to make her my girlfriend

Anyone born in the 21st century that hasn't been in a relationship yet has absolutely no reason at all to worry about it.

ReputationRep:
    hey....
    i am happy to chat to know about u to become ur friend...
    ** also , my shyness isn't to the point where I won't speak, but I don't go up to people whereas if someone was to come up to me I would speak to them just fine.

(Original post by Ezisola)
    Perhaps it's your vanity putting people off?
    You sound jealous and bitter AF. OP knowing she is attractive is relevant ITT and she defo doesnt come off arrogant. Simmer down. No prizes for guessing how hot YOU think you are... :rolleyes:

OP, I know what you mean about the all girls school thing, you sound like me at your age haha. Definitely focus on your studies and put your GCSEs first! Being a "nerd" means you can get into a good uni etc! And don't find a bf or have sex just to keep up.. cos with sex, once you lose your v card you can't get it back.

Try meeting guys outside school (like volunteering) and then not even dating but just like flirting to get practice. Ask your friends if they have any single friends.. but yea don't take this too seriously at your age.

Good luck :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    You sound jealous and bitter AF. OP knowing she is attractive is relevant ITT and she defo doesnt come off arrogant. Simmer down. No prizes for guessing how hot YOU think you are... :rolleyes:
    Came across as a level of arrogance to me. Can't say I'm particularly jealous nor bitter about a teenage girl's attractiveness/love issues.

When I make a thread discussing my attractiveness then by all means feel free to try and earn your prize. I gave the OP a genuine response, they challenged my view and I defended it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 10, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.