Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I would like to reapply for student loan for this year. My course is full time but I need to retake one year as I haven't pass two out of four modules. This year I am required to pay half of £9000. Should I apply as a part-time or full-time student?

Aleksandra Kuchta
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olakuchta)
    Hello,

I would like to reapply for student loan for this year. My course is full time but I need to retake one year as I haven't pass two out of four modules. This year I am required to pay half of £9000. Should I apply as a part-time or full-time student?

Aleksandra Kuchta
    Hi olakuchta,

As long as you are continuing on the same course and the university are not transferring you to a part - time course, then you would apply as normal online.

Change the year of study and request the maximum tuition fee loan, your university will send a COC to advise the change to the tuition fee amount.

If this is your first repeat year and have had no previous study, then you will remain eligible for full funding.

Thanks Rona

ReputationRep:
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olakuchta)
    Thank you
    Hi olakuchta,

You are welcome.

Thanks Rona

ReputationRep:
    Hi Rona, is it only for a repeat of first year study that a student can get full funding?Thanks,Emily

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EJC2)
    Hi Rona, is it only for a repeat of first year study that a student can get full funding?Thanks,Emily
    Hi EJC2,

You can repeat any year of the course, all students received, the duration of their course plus an additional year of funding.

Thanks Katie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EJC2)
    Hi Emily,

No its not always the first year of study.

There are many different reasons as to why a customer may have had their study affected, illness being one of them.

This can happen more than once and in any year of study, although if you are studying a Masters course, it can be granted only once.

A student can be awarded an extra year of fee support if, it has been a result of Compelling Personal Reasons. CPR can be considered if:

The student failed to complete a previous course. In this case the additional year of funding is applied to the first year of the next course.

Or

They have had to repeat a year of study and that year was eligible for support. In this case the additional year of funding is applied to the repeat year.

If you have to repeat a year of study, or had to suspend/withdraw from your course, we would use your previous study to calculate your future entitlement to funding.

You may want us to consider your extenuating circumstances when making this calculation, also known as your Compelling Personal Reasons (CPR).

When you apply for your new course we would advise that you send a letter detailing your CPR along with any evidence of your mitigating circumstances.

That would be a letter on headed paper, written by a health professional or someone professional aware of the situation.

The letter needs to detail the issues you experienced in the academic year concerned and how this affected your studies and the reason why you could not continue your studies.

This would be reviewed on a case by case basis by an assessor, if accepted you will be awarded an additional year of support.

If we award CPR, you will still be liable for the loans taken during the year(s) of study affected.

CPR does not write off loans, only allows additional years of funding.

I hope this clarifies.

Thanks Rona

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.