Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I am applying to Oxford for Philosophy and Theology and was wondering is there any way to prepare for the 'Philosophy test' or am I suppose to be completely oblivious. The Oxford website only has 1 specimen paper so is that the extent of preparation?

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying to philosophy and theology at Oxford too and I'm also uncertain about the philosophy test. I'm just doing a lot of philosophical and theological reading. I'm mostly nervous about writing two philosophical essays under 1 h..

ReputationRep:
    Just make sure you don't spend too long reading the first source question - set a specific amount of time - number of minutes - to read and reread and then get on with answering the question - otherwise you will run out of time.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I find it hard to sometimes collect my thoughts so quickly and express them well in writing. So where are u from?

ReputationRep:
    Old oxford graduate but had experience of someone doing the test last year - they said it was easy for the time to drift as the text took a while to absorb and understand, then they had to snap out of it and just start writing something
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    The MLAT section has some similar tests for Philosophy.

University open days

1. University of Oxford
    All undergraduate colleges and departments Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.