Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I decided to send my English Language (9-1) exam papers for a remark in early September however i haven’t recieved my results yet is this normal?

ReputationRep:
    what was your grade ?

ReputationRep:
    maybe you should call them up? or get in touch with the exam centre you had your exams with

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ray_Shadows)
    what was your grade ?
    I got a 3 but i thought that i did better, so my school sent it as my school was shocked about the results that I got. This is because i was getting 6s in my mock exams. Also they aren't making me resit it because i got a 6 in english lit and all as and bs in other subjects

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qam)
    maybe you should call them up? or get in touch with the exam centre you had your exams with
    I don’t know if that is possible because my school is sent the remark grades as other people got their results for every other subject!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amha)
    I decided to send my English Language (9-1) exam papers for a remark in early September however i haven’t recieved my results yet is this normal?
    This is an unusual length of time, maybe try contacting your centre to ensure that the papers were indeed sent off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amha)
    I got a 3 but i thought that i did better, so my school sent it as my school was shocked about the results that I got. This is because i was getting 6s in my mock exams. Also they aren't making me resit it because i got a 6 in english lit and all as and bs in other subjects
    is your school heads of staff ****ing retarded , if the remark fails you have to resit it,it's bloody mandatory for english lang and maths .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    This is an unusual length of time, maybe try contacting your centre to ensure that the papers were indeed sent off.
    I am sure that they sent it because it was on the aqa remark system when my teacher logged into her account

ReputationRep:
    is your school heads of staff ****ing retarded , if the remark fails you have to resit it,it's bloody mandatory for english lang and maths .
    I know right! They actually pissed me off with the whole idea of the government ‘changing’ the requirements for unis, however, that is bs! This is because unis require English Language and mathematics for GCSE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amha)
    I am sure that they sent it because it was on the aqa remark system when my teacher logged into her account
    Then I'm afraid the only thing you can do is wait.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    Then I'm afraid the only thing you can do is wait.
    Yep that’s right😤
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Same here. I haven't got my remark back yet. However, I am hopeful I will be getting in in the next week.

ReputationRep:
    if the remark fails you have to resit it,it's bloody mandatory for english lang and maths .
    No it's not. A 4 in Eng Land or Eng Lit is all that is required to avoid having to re-take. However, for students hoping to go to university it might well be worth trying to get at least a 4 in English Language.

ReputationRep:
    Requests have to be completed within 20 calendar days of the request being submitted to the exam board. I'd check with the exam officer where you took the exam what's happened to it.,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Compost)
    No it's not. A 4 in Eng Land or Eng Lit is all that is required to avoid having to re-take.
    he got a 3...

and remarks don't guarantee to boost your grade , i was 2 marks away from a B mine didn't even go up 1 mark

ReputationRep:
    he got a 3...
    But he got a 6 in English Lit so he doesn't have to retake.

and remarks don't guarantee to boost your grade
    I know. Most don't change as the marking is accurate. It would just be bribery if paying for a review was a guarantee of a better grade.

ReputationRep:
    But he got a 6 in English Lit so he doesn't have to retake.

I know. Most don't change as the marking is accurate. It would just be bribery if paying for a review was a guarantee of a better grade.
    dude no one cares about english lit , uni's wont give 2 ****s if you get an A* in english lit , but they will care if you get a D in english lang . It's compulsory to get a C in english lang , most colleges will force you to retake it ........ do you know how grades work

ReputationRep:
    It's compulsory to get a C in english lang , most colleges will force you to retake it ........ do you know how grades work
    You're out of date with your understanding. Colleges get funding for students to retake who fail to get a 4 or better in at least one Lit or Lang. They get no money for someone who fails to get a 4 in Lang but does get at least a 4 in Lit.

ReputationRep:
    You're out of date with your understanding. Colleges get funding for students to retake who fail to get a 4 or better in at least one Lit or Lang. They get no money for someone who fails to get a 4 in Lang but does get at least a 4 in Lit.
    dunno what college you go to , but that dosent happen at mine , the rules are simple , u get a c in lang and only lang then you don't have to retake it , regardless of whether u passed lit or not . if you didn't pass lang then u have to retake until u pass, regardless whether u passed lit or not

ReputationRep:
    dunno what college you go to , but that dosent happen at mine , the rules are simple , u get a c in lang and only lang then you don't have to retake it , regardless of whether u passed lit or not . if you didn't pass lang then u have to retake until u pass, regardless whether u passed lit or not
    The government has changed the retake criteria which is why my school is not getting funded for the people who got a 4 or more in english lit.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.