Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by y.u.mad.bro?)
    Same here. I haven't got my remark back yet. However, I am hopeful I will be getting in in the next week.
    What did you get in English Language?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amha)
    The government has changed the retake criteria which is why school is not getting funded for the people who got a 4 or more in english lit.
    wow ok , so am i right in saying your school/college won't let you retake lang because they aren't getting paid for it

ReputationRep:
    I got a 4 in my English Lang, I had it remarked and went up to a 5 which is good news, however I was disappointed with a 5 still as I kept on getting 7s in my mocks, the fact that I used double quotation marks is the reason they marked me down so heavily I suspect as the new GCSEs aren't keen on letting small mistakes like this slide away so easily.
    I must thank Micheal Gove for this, oh and I am also a test subject for the new A levels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ray_Shadows)
    wow ok , so am i right in saying your school/college won't let you retake lang because they aren't getting paid for it
    Yes 100%! However, i still think it is crucial to pass English Language and literature.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amha)
    Yes 100%! However, i still think it is crucial to pass English Language and literatures.
    that's ridiculous , if the school won't let you re take lang , i would either move colleges or re sit as a private candidate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amha)
    So you received your remark results?
    Yup, it only went up by 3 marks so not that much of a change. I feel like they should have given me a 6 instead if I really did flop the exams.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone can re-sit - I have someone re-sitting as he is disappointed with his 7 - - but the college won't get any money for people with a 4 in Lit/Lang and will probably make them pay for the exam entry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Compost)
    Anyone can re-sit - I have someone re-sitting as he is disappointed with his 7 - - but the college won't get any money for people with a 4 in Lit/Lang and will probably make them pay for the exam entry.
    right ok , i don't think it will be that expensive depending on the exam board

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if this helps but i got my literature remarked and it went up by 9 marks in just one paper, the other one was already 62/64 so no progression in that. I went from 2 marks to an 8 to 5 marks off a 9. Still extremely thankful to God though, so don't let go of your hopes. I'm waiting for my language too, day 17...

Oh yeah, if you get confused - i went from a 7 to an 8

ReputationRep:
    right ok , i don't think it will be that expensive depending on the exam board
    I think it’s like £36 for a qualification
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amha)
    What did you get in English Language?
    I think 1 mark off a 7 or 2 marks off an 8. I'm not 100% sure because I sent both my english papers for remark.

ReputationRep:
    I think 1 mark off a 7 or 2 marks off an 8. I'm not 100% sure because I sent both my english papers for remark.
    Oh really well done! Did you get your remark result back?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amha)
    Oh really well done! Did you get your remark result back?
    Not yet. I'm still waiting for my school to notify me. I moved schools so I have to actually harass them now to get my remark back I think

ReputationRep:
    Not yet. I'm still waiting for my school to notify me. I moved schools so I have to actually harass them now to get my remark back I think
    Good luck! Hopefully it’s an eight
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.