Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why is "getting laid" such a big deal? Watch

ReputationRep:
    It seems like it is the only thing on a lot of people's minds. Why do teenage boys as young as 13-14 want to lose their virginity so badly? Why do people think it's bad if they're still a virgin over the age of 25? Are emotional connections just not as important anymore? I just don't like how people complain about being a virgin. The virginity shouldn't matter, they should be complaining about other way more important things over that like being unemployed or not being in a loving, long-term relationship (if they're much older; younger teenagers should be focusing on their friendships and planning their future, and definitely not on sex). It really upsets me that it's the only thing that some people seem to care about. Society is so sexualized and I really don't like it. I'm not saying that sex is at all a "bad thing" but it really shouldn't be that big of a thing (when not being used for the purpose of reproducing). Teenagers are having sex everywhere and are making other teenagers and older persons feel pressured into it, and feel as though they are being judged for not doing it.

ReputationRep:
    This is why sex ed should be nornalised earlier and we should stop censoring because of boobs.

Loads of mates I know get very depressed about their lack of action and girls take advantage of them for that.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    It's similar to asking why should anyone care what others think of them. On paper there is no reason to care but for most people who live as part of a society it's actually quite important to be liked and valued by the other members.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 7, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.