Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by black1blade)
    Why don't you apply to natural science at cambridge? Sure you don't start out in biochem but you can specialize into it.
    From what I've heard, it's supposed to be more competitive. Although I'm not sure if this is true.

ReputationRep:
    I say if you like the university and the course then go for it! Your profile looks good on paper and what is there to lose? As long as you're sensible with your other choices it's not as if you're 'wasting' an option applying to Oxford (plus by what you've said you won't even have to spend time revising for an admissions test... unlike me *sigh*) So you may well just give it a shot, make sure you stress academics in your personal statement though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 411794ms)
    I'm not sure. Natural sciences seems more competitive and I would prefer to go straight into Biochem. I was thinking of Imperial, but its basically just as competitive as oxbridge anyway.
    nah it's really not, he got into Imperial and so did people with similar stats but less A*s at GCSE ( I know people got in with 2A*s)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmilySarah00)
    I say if you like the university and the course then go for it! Your profile looks good on paper and what is there to lose? As long as you're sensible with your other choices it's not as if you're 'wasting' an option applying to Oxford (plus by what you've said you won't even have to spend time revising for an admissions test... unlike me *sigh*) So you may well just give it a shot, make sure you stress academics in your personal statement though.
    Thank you for the kind words. Yes, I am just going to see how this school year goes and hope for the best. What course are you applying for, may I ask?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for the kind words. Yes, I am just going to see how this school year goes and hope for the best. What course are you applying for, may I ask?
    Mathematics and Computer Science! I've already accepted that I almost have no chance (1 in 7 applicants get in and my GCSE's are definitely not up to scratch) however I'm going for it anyway otherwise I'll regret it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sortmeoutgeezer)
    nah it's really not, he got into Imperial and so did people with similar stats but less A*s at GCSE ( I know people got in with 2A*s)
    Oh wow that's good and a lot different from what I have heard. I'm just going to see how this school year goes to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Mathematics and Computer Science! I've already accepted that I almost have no chance (1 in 7 applicants get in and my GCSE's are definitely not up to scratch) however I'm going for it anyway otherwise I'll regret it!
    Yes, you might as well give it a go. I wish you all the best.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, you might as well give it a go. I wish you all the best.
    Oh I was gonna say also, FM seems tricky at first, FP1 reduced me to tears tbh I was getting C's for a solid while but I ended up with an A (and somehow top of the class?) at AS. So keep at it and you'll do absolutely fine, it all comes together towards the end.

ReputationRep:
    Oh I was gonna say also, FM seems tricky at first, FP1 reduced me to tears tbh I was getting C's for a solid while but I ended up with an A (and somehow top of the class?) at AS. So keep at it and you'll do absolutely fine, it all comes together towards the end.
    Wow, well done! Yeah haha, it is quite a challenge since I definetly am not a quick learner in Maths and in all honesty I am struggling to keep up. But it's early days.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.