Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which driving instructor do I go with? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Basically I want to learn to drive ASAP and need advice on which instructor.

Instructor 1
    The most expensive at £26 per hour.
    Instructor is well experienced and loads of positive reviews from friends
    Seems very professional--> waiting list, website, online booking etc
    Good pass rate
    Long waiting list of about 6 weeks approximately

Instructor 2
    Cheaper at £22 per hour
    Does not seem to have many students
    Seems a little unprofessional--> no waiting list just gives you the number of someone else
    I could start next week

I have contacted both. I filled out some interest form for instructor 1 and I expect a call back. It may be a little awkward if I turn him down as he taught my brother and my parents want me to go with him. I have spoke to instructor 2 and he seemed really friendly and can start soon. What do I do?

ReputationRep:
    Trial lesson with both?
    Imo professional is better, in the long run can work out cheaper as less lessons are needed.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.