The Student Room Group

London Museum Incident

Scroll to see replies

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/south-kensington-police-descend-on-area-outside-natural-history-museum-after-car-hits-pedestrians-a3652986.html

This happened like down the road from me, all I heard for the last hour was helicopters and ambulances.

Edit- Looks like the thread had been combined with @sulaimanali lol
(edited 6 years ago)
I already posted on this like a min ago :colone:
Really hoping that the drivers breaks have gone and it is not intentional.
Sad, hopefully no ones badly hurt, it's amazing how quickly the police can respond, really makes you proud to be a Londoner
Original post by SCIENCE :D

Genuinely had the same thought. Hopefully it wasn't. So many people visit that Museum regularly majority of them are families.
I think the good thing is that there hasn't been any major injuries reported so far so that's a relied
Original post by sulaimanali
I already posted on this like a min ago :colone:

Sorry bro, great minds think alike I guess
Original post by SCIENCE :D

If you have brake problems I'm pretty sure that it isn't standard practice to mount the pavement, after all it's a lot safer to rear end another vehicle or crash into t a tree than drive down a pavement with people on it.

Looking at the pictures published so far it makes a change that the driver wasn't an arab.
BBC News reporting that it's not being treated as a terrorist attack.

Edit: They seem to have backtracked on that and are saying they don't know.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Boredom101
Sorry bro, great minds think alike I guess

No prob..and yeah :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Plagioclase

Where?
Original post by Crooky0
Where?

On the BBC News channel a few minutes ago.
Pictures from the scene (I got these on twitter)
Original post by FarhanHalim
Sad, hopefully no ones badly hurt, it's amazing how quickly the police can respond, really makes you proud to be a Londoner

Agreed, plenty of people were saying that within a couple of minutes the police were at the scene
Reply 14
Armed police on scene
Thankfully no one's seriously injured. Such a nice museum, has an earthquake simulator as well; one of the best things about London is we've got so many free museums, art galleries etc. And the police response is amazing as well. Really grateful that I live here.
(edited 6 years ago)
Hope everyone's okay! Imperial's main entrance is closed
Proud to be a Londoner, look how quickly the met responded, people reassured and stations reopened within two hours. Honestly feel safer here than anywhere else in the world. The police are truly an example to the world
I really wonder who the culprit can be....:hmmmm:
Original post by Plagioclase

Edit: They seem to have backtracked on that and are saying they don't know.

Translation: the guy was white, and nobody has decided if white people can be terrorists at the Tory Broadcasting Corporation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending