ReputationRep:
    I see two nazi skinhead police men pinning down that innocent black man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrGoldstein)
    I see two nazi skinhead police men pinning down that innocent black man
    ((()))
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    It was just a traffic collision, why is the media making such a fuss out of it?, although I do hope those injured get better soon.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JMR2017)
    It was just a traffic collision, why is the media making such a fuss out of it?, although I do hope those injured get better soon.
    I think it's because originally since armed police were called to the scene the police were investigating whether it may have been a deliberate collision, so it received quite a lot of media coverage, especially when considering there have been such incidents already this year.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    I think it's because originally since armed police were called to the scene the police were investigating whether it may have been a deliberate collision, so it received quite a lot of media coverage, especially when considering there have been such incidents already this year.
    I see.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The RAR)
    I really wonder who the culprit can be....:hmmmm:
    Ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The RAR)
    I really wonder who the culprit can be....:hmmmm:
    The 'culprit' was not a terrorist, that's for sure
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JMR2017)
    Vehicle hitting a crowd of people in a well known popular area of central London that necessitates a full armed police response.

When you think of it like that, and the types of terrorist incidents we've seen in recent times, it's not surprising the medias jump on it asap.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41541165

The driver has been released by police.

ReputationRep:
    Tabloids (but not the BBC for some reason) are saying it was an Uber driver.

Mowing down crowds of pedestrians isn't going to do a lot to help Uber in their battle with TfL,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    Tabloids (but not the BBC for some reason) are saying it was an Uber driver.

Mowing down crowds of pedestrians isn't going to do a lot to help Uber in their battle with TfL,
    Just one Uber driver out of 1000s, loads of qualified drivers make mistakes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladbants)
    It's the word 'qualified' that a lot of people might hesitate to apply to Uber drivers. Having had experience of some, I'm happy to say I've now perma-deleted the Uber app and am happy to continue to take public transport in London whenever possible,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladbants)
    There may be a problem for Uber if the vehicle isn't carrying proper private hire markings. That seems to be a perennial problem with Uber and I can't see the plastic badge in the front window or the plate at the rear in any of the photos of the crashed vehicle.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.