The Student Room Group

London Museum Incident

Scroll to see replies

I see two nazi skinhead police men pinning down that innocent black man
Original post by MrGoldstein
I see two nazi skinhead police men pinning down that innocent black man

((()))
It was just a traffic collision, why is the media making such a fuss out of it?, although I do hope those injured get better soon.
Original post by JMR2017
It was just a traffic collision, why is the media making such a fuss out of it?, although I do hope those injured get better soon.

I think it's because originally since armed police were called to the scene the police were investigating whether it may have been a deliberate collision, so it received quite a lot of media coverage, especially when considering there have been such incidents already this year.
Original post by Trapz99
I think it's because originally since armed police were called to the scene the police were investigating whether it may have been a deliberate collision, so it received quite a lot of media coverage, especially when considering there have been such incidents already this year.

I see.
Reply 25
Original post by The RAR
I really wonder who the culprit can be....:hmmmm:

Ok
Original post by The RAR
I really wonder who the culprit can be....:hmmmm:

The 'culprit' was not a terrorist, that's for sure
Original post by JMR2017

Vehicle hitting a crowd of people in a well known popular area of central London that necessitates a full armed police response.

When you think of it like that, and the types of terrorist incidents we've seen in recent times, it's not surprising the medias jump on it asap.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41541165

The driver has been released by police.
Tabloids (but not the BBC for some reason) are saying it was an Uber driver.

Mowing down crowds of pedestrians isn't going to do a lot to help Uber in their battle with TfL,
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Tabloids (but not the BBC for some reason) are saying it was an Uber driver.

Mowing down crowds of pedestrians isn't going to do a lot to help Uber in their battle with TfL,

Just one Uber driver out of 1000s, loads of qualified drivers make mistakes
Original post by Ladbants

It's the word 'qualified' that a lot of people might hesitate to apply to Uber drivers. Having had experience of some, I'm happy to say I've now perma-deleted the Uber app and am happy to continue to take public transport in London whenever possible,
Original post by Ladbants

There may be a problem for Uber if the vehicle isn't carrying proper private hire markings. That seems to be a perennial problem with Uber and I can't see the plastic badge in the front window or the plate at the rear in any of the photos of the crashed vehicle.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending