Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    *when you die, obviously lol*

A few years ago I said I would never donate my organs but now I have completely changed my mind - I am definitely going to donate my organs.

ReputationRep:
    I am, I don't get why anyone wouldn't.

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PoliticsandP)
    I am, I don't get why anyone wouldn't.
    My reason in the past was simply that I didn't want my organs taken out of me and put in someone else's body. But obviously now I've realised that's not as important as helping somebody else live.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nebuchadnezzaṛ)
    No.
    Why? If you don't mind me asking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wonderuss)
    i want to be buried in one piece.

ReputationRep:

a few years ago i said i would never donate my organs but now i have completely changed my mind - i am definitely going to donate my organs.
    yeh but google how much money you could get if you sold them
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I am certainly not going to need any of my organs once I die and I hope when the time comes, someone can get a use out of them and have a second chance at life. I have a loved one currently awaiting a kidney transplant and me and my family were tested so we could be a live donor to him but sadly none of us were matches

The only thing regarding organ donation I disagree with is that currently under UK law, families still have the final say on whether their loved ones organs are donated or not, even if the deceased was a registered organ donor. If they signed the register when they were alive and made their wishes known, family shouldn't be able to go against it but if the deceased didn't sign the register or make their wishes known then yes of course, the final call should be made by the family.

ReputationRep:
    Atm I'm not thinking about what I actually want to do with my body after death, so never signed up for organ donation in case I got to a point where I decided I wanted to be buried with all the bits still there for some reason.

Suppose if I died right this second I wouldn't see any issue with being stripped for parts

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I am. I don't need them afterwards.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't, but only because I don't know the true extent of how involved my organs are from my genetic condition. I've basically been told not to by my GP.

ReputationRep:

A few years ago I said I would never donate my organs but now I have completely changed my mind - I am definitely going to donate my organs.
    No.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pathway)
    I wouldn't, but only because I don't know the true extent of how involved my organs are from my genetic condition. I've basically been told not to by my GP.
    Ah okay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ciel.)
    No.

ReputationRep:
    I am almost pathologically afraid of potentially significant decision-making, so when it was offered to me, I declined to sign up at the time. Will I get round to it? I don't know. I generally accept the fact that I am not really a good person.

ReputationRep:
    Of course - I'd like to benefit from organ donation should i need it, and doing that without being a donor yourself would be totally selfish and hypocritical.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nebuchadnezzaṛ)
    i want to be buried in one piece.
    What if you don't die 'in one piece'?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I am going to donate everything apart from my eyes, heart and lungs. I don't want to donate my eyes because the thought of it weirds me out and my heart and lungs aren't in the best condition due to a genetic condition, they're fine for me but if they were transplanted it's likely to cause the patient problems.

ReputationRep:
    I'll donate anything that's useful. I just wanna help people to have a good life and live longer wherever possible.

ReputationRep:
    Because I'm paranoid. Like, what if a really rich person desperately needs a transplant, and I'm the only perfect match available......... There's corruption everywhere. It sounds crazy, but I'm 99% sure that it happens (very rarely but still).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.