Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are you going to donate your organs? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ciel.)
    Because I'm paranoid. Like, what if a really rich person desperately needs a transplant, and I'm the only perfect match available......... There's corruption everywhere. It sounds crazy, but I'm 99% sure that it happens (very rarely but still).
    I don't get it? What's wrong with a rich person having your organ? I think I'm missing something lol

ReputationRep:
    NO

ReputationRep:
    It's RIP for a reason
    I don't wanna rest in pieces

ReputationRep:
    yes donate whatever can be donated and not become wasted space in a wooden box

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wonderuss)
    I don't get it? What's wrong with a rich person having your organ? I think I'm missing something lol
    They might get access to all my medical records, kidnap me, and stage an accident = kill me, and get my organs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SomeWelshGuy123)
    I am going to donate everything apart from my eyes, heart and lungs. I don't want to donate my eyes because the thought of it weirds me out and my heart and lungs aren't in the best condition due to a genetic condition, they're fine for me but if they were transplanted it's likely to cause the patient problems.
    Yeah I wouldn't donate my eyes, either.

ReputationRep:
    I would donate my heart... if I had a heart 😂

ReputationRep:
    Nope, nope and double nope.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ciel.)
    They might get access to all my medical records, kidnap me, and stage an accident = kill me, and get my organs.
    Ohhhhh right lol

ReputationRep:
    No

ReputationRep:
    To all the people saying no - why wouldn't you want to save a life over conserving your dead body?

ReputationRep:
    I've opted into organ donation

ReputationRep:
    Yes. It would be totally selfish and irrational to do otherwise.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    No, I won't donate after my death. Maybe I do, if I know who I get my organs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ciel.)
    Because I'm paranoid. Like, what if a really rich person desperately needs a transplant, and I'm the only perfect match available......... There's corruption everywhere. It sounds crazy, but I'm 99% sure that it happens (very rarely but still).
    Your tissue typing won't even be checked until after your death so this could literally never happen.

Will you sign up now please? Lives literally depend on it. Not hypothetical fake lives - real people.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it's not as if I'll need them, and they may save several lives. You'd have to be mad not to.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    *when you die, obviously lol*

A few years ago I said I would never donate my organs but now I have completely changed my mind - I am definitely going to donate my organs.
    Yes. I don't know why you wouldn't. Unless there's a religious or medical reason I think not doing so is incredibly selfish and why I think the donor system should be opt out instead of opt in like it is in Wales because if you're really that bothered about it you can opt out. It means people who aren't bothered either way and don't care enough to register with the current system will be on the donor register automatically which means far more donors
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    To all the people saying no - why wouldn't you want to save a life over conserving your dead body?
    Because some people see that there is no use in delaying the inevitable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nexttime)
    Your tissue typing won't even be checked until after your death so this could literally never happen. Even if it could... surely such a person could just kidnap you and harvest your organs anyway? This really is a bizarre idea you have going on here! And its not some innocent extravagance - as a result you are literally sentencing several other people to death (in the event that you die and any of this becomes applicable). Please, either get a better reason or sign up.
    Paranoia isn't supposed to be logical. So, nope, I'm not going to do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ciel.)
    Paranoia isn't supposed to be logical. So, nope, I'm not going to do it.
    Paranoia isn't logical no but unless you are completely detached from reality you shouldn't be scared of something that is physically impossible. Literally - its not like signing up to the register involves a blood test. Its totally impossible. You are just making an excuse, sorry to break it to you.

Lets hope a relative of yours doesn't die because someone else also couldn't be bothered huh.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.