Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarthRoar)
    Tbh The Red Pill is about getting laid. They tend to preach about lifting and going to the gym to make yourself more attractive, and learning how to be more confident and smooth with interactions with women.

Sure there's a few that are all like "aagh society is collapsing because of the new world order controlling all the banks", but mainly it's all "dude you're not getting laid cause you're an unattractive awkward manlet, go to the gym and get confidence".
    but when i looked into the threads on the reddit it seems to be more woman bashing than anything you described. Some titles:

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheRedPill/...n_tech_or_how/

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheRedPill/..._and_im_proud/

and some more. It all seems like bull to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shameful_burrito)
    Hope you at least had a laugh😂

Spoiler:
    Show

"How old are you?"

"I am Eternal."

I honestly can't but feel like it's incredibly stupid. Men cannot be categorised as "alphas" or "betas" or whatever and the tactics they use to plan on getting laid seems honestly misogynistic. yes, some women might like it if a guy hits the gym. But you can go to the gym and still be sensitive and compassionate and smart. you can't seperate people into the haves and have nots.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 27FT)
    I honestly can't but feel like it's incredibly stupid. Men cannot be categorised as "alphas" or "betas" or whatever and the tactics they use to plan on getting laid seems honestly misogynistic. yes, some women might like it if a guy hits the gym. But you can go to the gym and still be sensitive and compassionate and smart. you can't seperate people into the haves and have nots.
    Don't think too much of it. Those "ideologies" were made by reddit neckbeard virgins living in their mum's basement. However, you can think of the red pill on a metaphorical level. The harsh reality of our world and current world problems. That makes sense to me.

ReputationRep:
    Don't think too much of it. Those "ideologies" were made by reddit neckbeard virgins living in their mum's basement. However, you can think of the red pill on a metaphorical level. The harsh reality of our world and current world problems. That makes sense to me.
    Eh you're probably right. But when are these weirdos going to realise that there's more to life than sex you know. You shouldn't prioritise getting laid over all that. I just feel like it's a really toxic mentality that would be better off quashed.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 27FT)
    Eh you're probably right. But when are these weirdos going to realise that there's more to life than sex you know. You shouldn't prioritise getting laid over all that. I just feel like it's a really toxic mentality that would be better off quashed.
    I know. It's usually the young generation who thinks like that. They should change their priorities to other things more important than sex. Like their education for example.

ReputationRep:
    They're hilarious though. I mean, they basically believe that we (men) ought to be a cartoon version of 90s action heroes. The "tough", brooding, whatever, man.

I put it down to too much Rambo watching in their childhood and not enough actual parenting. I mean, don't me wrong, Rambo was AWESOME but you're supposed to graduate from that phase when you're like 12.

ReputationRep:
    I know. It's usually the young generation who thinks like that. They should change their priorities to other things more important than sex. Like their education for example.
    Yeah if they realised that getting education to propel yourself to a higher station in life would increase their chances massively in getting a girl but most likely they're all dropouts or something
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I think I got banned from that place because I honestly couldn't understand what it was and probably triggered them with a naive comment of mine. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FakeNewsEditor)
    They're hilarious though. I mean, they basically believe that we (men) ought to be a cartoon version of 90s action heroes. The "tough", brooding, whatever, man.

I put it down to too much Rambo watching in their childhood and not enough actual parenting. I mean, don't me wrong, Rambo was AWESOME but you're supposed to graduate from that phase when you're like 12.
    I mean, I never was into the male characters in those type of cartoons anyway. Always preferred the more sciency intellectual type of comic book characters. If you think about He man practically wore a thong and he was considered the peak of masculinity but I'm not sure many women would be into men who just wear their underwear everywhere xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannxm)
    I think I got banned from that place because I honestly couldn't understand what it was and probably triggered them with a naive comment of mine. :lol:
    What was your comment? I don't have a Reddit to reply to any of the threads and I think they're too busy lapping up this idea of an alpha male of all males to actually grasp that that's not woman want

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 27FT)
    I mean, I never was into the male characters in those type of cartoons anyway. Always preferred the more sciency intellectual type of comic book characters. If you think about He man practically wore a thong and he was considered the peak of masculinity but I'm not sure many women would be into men who just wear they're underwear everywhere xD
    So you were into the Beast?

ReputationRep:
    So, so, so, so many misconceptions, myths and beliefs about TRP here.

DarthRoar is along the right lines.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 27FT)
    What was your comment? I don't have a Reddit to reply to any of the threads and I think they're too busy lapping up this idea of an alpha male of all males to actually grasp that that's not woman want
    I don't know, it was years ago. I commented on something but probably got completely the wrong idea and I was banned. Or maybe they realised I was female? :lol:

ReputationRep:
    So you were into the Beast?
    I couldn't stand the beast as a kid, I always thought he was cruel, but then again I first watched it when I was really young and I got easily scared. More like milo thatch in Atlantis, Aladdin, Peter Pan, Jim Hawkins kind of characters. And I always preferred Sokka over Zuko in ATLA xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannxm)
    I don't know, it was years ago. I commented on something but probably got completely the wrong idea and I was banned. Or maybe they realised I was female? :lol:
    Perhaps xD the morons would probably do anything to bag a girl except from actually listening to one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 27FT)
    I couldn't stand the beast as a kid, I always thought he was cruel, but then again I first watched it when I was really young and I got easily scared. More like milo thatch in Atlantis, Aladdin, Peter Pan, Jim Hawkins kind of characters
    None of those are particularly intellectual though

What was cruel about the Beast? I'm referring to Hank McCoy, a.k.a. the Beast from X-Men, btw, not the Beast from the Beauty and the Beast. Hank was a sweetheart, very intellectual obvs but he looks like a...beast. So wimminz don't like him.

ReputationRep:
    None of those are particularly intellectual though

What was cruel about the Beast? I'm referring to Hank McCoy, a.k.a. the Beast from X-Men, btw, not the Beast from the Beauty and the Beast. Hank was a sweetheart, very intellectual obvs but he looks like a...beast. So wimminz don't like him.

Oh I didn't realise at first, facepalms. I always loved Hank and Bruce Banner when I first watched the cartoons, I was about 13 and was never really judgmental over things such as trivial as appearance plus I was always a major nerd and was constantly teased over being ugly so I resonated with them in a way. I was wondering how the Beast in BBaB was in anyway intellectual except from having a sick ass library. And Milo Thatch and Sokka were intellectuals (sighs) as for Peter Pan, Aladdin and Jim Hawkins they were more of just some of my personal crushes but if you look at them they don't perpetuate any alpha stereotype really.

ReputationRep:
    A self-styled social 'remedy' whose somewhat controversial mechanism of action is to, apparently, cause cancer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    A self-styled social 'remedy' whose somewhat controversial mechanism of action is to, apparently, cause cancer.
    Yeah I kinda got that vibe from it, it's basically third wave for men :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 27FT)
    Hey, have any of you guys heard about the red pill? My first thought was the Matrix tbh I stumbled upon a reddit by accident while searching a question on google and it all seemed really weird so if anyone could explain wtf is going on there that'd help xD
    It's a really meta term that's a matrix reference in that their claim is they've stopped deliberately deluding themselves and have realised 'the truth'. It basically boils down to a strange combination of recognising genuine differences between the sexes (in terms usually of relationships) and petty minded strangeness. For example they recognise hypergamy in females which is true, but then use this to say that 'therefore [women] view men as nothing more than providers and will dump them as soon as a better one comes along, they have no compassion' blah blah unsubstantiated blah.

It's the third wave feminism of mens rights.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.