Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What exactly is the "red pill"? Watch

ReputationRep:
    It's a conspiracy. Everyone but them are mindless sheep (blue pill) and they have taken, like Neo in the Matrix, the red pill and can see the truth.

Often they will talk about "cultural Marxism" or "Frankfurt School" that promotes and anti-white and anti-men agenda.

ReputationRep:
    Hypergamy also applies to men as well, they just get away with doing it more for ****s sake because for a man to marry a woman higher than in the social ladder

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yudothis)
    It's a conspiracy. Everyone but them are mindless sheep (blue pill) and they have taken, like Neo in the Matrix, the red pill and can see the truth.

Often they will talk about "cultural Marxism" or "Frankfurt School" that promotes and anti-white and anti-men agenda.
    Find that a weird comparison. A lot of these men sounded absolutely and ridiculously deluded they were shutting their eyes rather than living in the real world

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shameful_burrito)
    You got it all wrong...The red pill movement has started from the start of year 2000. This 2017 sh***y feminism movie has nothing to do with it.
    Well, she's not a feminist any more because feminists have no tolerance for any moderate and rational views. Either you believe everything they subscribe to or you're en enemy - kind of like a cult.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YaliaV)
    Well, she's not a feminist any more because feminists have no tolerance for any moderate and rational views. Either you believe everything they subscribe to or you're en enemy - kind of like a cult.
    Yeah...honestly it's ****ing crazy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 27FT)
    Find that a weird comparison. A lot of these men sounded absolutely and ridiculously deluded they were shutting their eyes rather than living in the real world
    But that's the point. Everyone but them sees them as deluded but to them they are the only ones that can see the truth.

It's really just a conspiracy theory. Except these are loser nerds so they use the Matrix analogy.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yudothis)
    But that's the point. Everyone but them sees them as deluded but to them they are the only ones that can see the truth.

It's really just a conspiracy theory. Except these are loser nerds so they use the Matrix analogy.
    This pic kinda summarises the categories nicely

Name:  IMG_1521.PNG
Views: 60
Size:  62.0 KB
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    A ridiculous ideology fuelled by rejection

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by retro_turtles)
    A ridiculous ideology fuelled by rejection
    Is it kind of like those "nice guy" things?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 27FT)
    Is it kind of like those "nice guy" things?
    yeah with an added excuse to why they're single

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by retro_turtles)
    yeah with an added excuse to why they're single
    Sounds pretty pathetic xD

ReputationRep:
    It's just a term that appeared on Reddit coined by people who believe they have been made aware that a lot of this popular social justice stuff is nonsense and that there are actually inequalities and injustices white men face. And there's plenty of justification for this realisation, discussed ad nauseum on this website, YouTube, etc.

However, according to the usual TSR Lefty brigade, it's all just virgins in their mom's basements, of course.

ReputationRep:
    i've never understood what it means and I don't really care

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dandaman1)
    It's just a term that appeared on Reddit coined by people who believe they have been made aware that a lot of this popular social justice stuff is nonsense and that there are actually inequalities and injustices white men face. And there's plenty of justification for this realisation, discussed ad nauseum on this website, YouTube, etc.

However, according to the usual TSR Lefty brigade, it's all just virgins in their mom's basements, of course.
    o.

ReputationRep:
    This pic kinda summarises the categories nicely

Name:  IMG_1521.PNG
Views: 60
Size:  62.0 KB

:eyeball: WTF IS ALL THAT lol

• Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bang Outta Order)
    :eyeball: WTF IS ALL THAT lol

The harsh reality. We live in a messed up society.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SomeWelshGuy123)
    It's a term used to describe former third wave feminists who have opened their eyes and realised how cancerous modern feminism is in western society, screaming about the non-existent pay gap and domestic abuse while failing to acknowledge the societal biases that exist towards women, such as divorces, child custody, education,lack of help offered for male abuse victims. Also search the Red Pill, it's a good film that is basically a feminist interviewing a series of anti-feminists and realising the feminist movement doesn't acknowledge men's issues at all, you can see her view change throughout.
    RIGHT. I'm just gonna absolutely smash some of the misconceptions you seem to have about feminism.

If by "modern feminism" you're referring to feminazi's, you're entirely mistaken as to what actual feminists actually want. I can assure you the pay gap is still entirely existent, and domestic abuse is an unfortunately thriving issue.

You're entirely correct, when talking about the fact that women are advantaged when it comes to child custody. That's not at all fair. And it's sickening that male suicide rates are about 4x higher because of the lack of emotional support they're offered. Real feminists, want to change this. It's not fair. - I don't know what you mean about women having a social bias in education?

The feminist movement ABSOLUTELY does acknowledge men's issues. Its only a minority of extremists that do not.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FloralHybrid)
    RIGHT. I'm just gonna absolutely smash some of the misconceptions you seem to have about feminism.

If by "modern feminism" you're referring to feminazi's, you're entirely mistaken as to what actual feminists actually want. I can assure you the pay gap is still entirely existent, and domestic abuse is an unfortunately thriving issue.

You're entirely correct, when talking about the fact that women are advantaged when it comes to child custody. That's not at all fair. And it's sickening that male suicide rates are about 4x higher because of the lack of emotional support they're offered. Real feminists, want to change this. It's not fair. - I don't know what you mean about women having a social bias in education?

The feminist movement ABSOLUTELY does acknowledge men's issues. Its only a minority of extremists that do not.
    Who are the real feminists may I ask? The media only shows people the feminazis

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure its a subreddit. And also a Matrix metaphor https://www.reddit.com/r/TheRedPill/

Basically full of neckbeards that hate women because they're fat/ugly/bitter and can't get a girlfriend lol.

It's funny cus a lot of what they about society say is true (the parts about feminism being cancer). But it doesn't apply to me because I'm not a self pittying retard. I usually look at the vids when I come across them and think to myself 'lol thank fuk I wasn't born with those genetics. I'd be one of them otherwise.' Because life is defo pretty **** for them because of their *****y genetics. :laugh:

They're just hte equivelant of feminists. They're lonely and bitter becuse they can't get a bf/gf. So they turn into crazy feminazis.

ReputationRep:
    Who are the real feminists may I ask? The media only shows people the feminazis
    Just, the majority of people who class themselves as feminists. I can't say who is or isn't, but some shown in the media are just extremists who give feminism a bad name.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.