GreatSuccess24
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
So I was thinking of doing adult nursing to start with but chose child nursing. I've done work experience at a local nursery and a carehome (clinical setting) as well as some volunteering.

I recently found a dual nursing course (adult and child) at the University of Southampton. The is what the website says:

If you are applying to Single Field Nursing courses at other universities, to ensure these applications are not disadvantaged you may prefer to focus on either Child OR Adult Nursing within your Personal Statement. This will not adversely affect your Dual Field application with us but we suggest that if you are shortlisted and invited to attend a Selection Session, you bring with you an additional Personal Statement which demonstrates your experience and insight into the other field.

So should I include carehome work experience if I want to do child nursing?
Advertisement
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It would be best to just mention the younger one if you are applying for child nursing elsewhere. You can talk about the care home in your additional PS
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (52)
22.51%
Excited but a bit nervous (104)
45.02%
Not bothered either way (32)
13.85%
I'm really nervous (43)
18.61%

Watched Threads