The Student Room Group

do you regret any a levels?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SeizureVictim
Yeah I can tolerate Bio, but Physics is just making me suicidal like no joke

😂😂😂
Original post by SeizureVictim
Yeah I can tolerate Bio, but Physics is just making me suicidal like no joke

Just use physicsandmathstutor for past paper and resources and alevelchemistry.com
Original post by PsychoIsaac
Just use physicsandmathstutor for past paper and resources and alevelchemistry.com

Aye I'll try them, cheers
Biology , maths , chemistry , Spanish and an EPQ

Love them all but I really enjoy maths . I find Chemistry a bit hard to grasp and biology I find it too boring . I enjoy the biochemistry side of it though
I regret not dropping physics - didn't think the exams would be that ****ing hard.
I’m only in year 12 and already regret maths however I likely need it so I’m adding a 4th (geography) I also do economics and chemistry
biology, psychology and business
I love biology and the content of psychology but my teacher isn't great, I find business the easiest.
I regret business because it's not a good subject and would have rather done chemistry
Original post by angelike1
I regret not dropping physics - didn't think the exams would be that ****ing hard.

How screwed am I?
all of them tbh
History, Geography & Physics

I enjoy them all but I sort of wish I did Maths, would have opened so many options and it’s a useful skill to have. Then again, I chose not to do it as I didn’t enjoy it that much
Original post by Fonzworth
How screwed am I?

I made the mistake of learning theory but not practicing enough questions. Just don't make the same mistake and you'll be fine.
Original post by angelike1
I made the mistake of learning theory but not practicing enough questions. Just don't make the same mistake and you'll be fine.

Ah right, cheers for the advice. Over the half term I aim to master SUVAT:tongue:
I mostly regret my Sixth Form other then my subjects it's gonna be a...long 20 months... is it too late to quit?
Reply 33
Took Biology, Chemistry, French, History and EPQ. History was my favourite at GCSE but I find it so much harder now, since it is my only real essay based subject (surprisingly, essays aren't a huge part of French really). Really love Bio and Chem, although Chem is hard its something I can work at for hours until I get it. French is decent, the class is great and good fun - not too bothered as dropping it at AS but I think being proficient in another language is useful :smile:

No regrets really. Possibly wish I did a slightly easier subject in lieu of French, maybe Psychology or Art, perhaps even Maths... Going to try and blast through EPQ and get an A so I can calm down my workload.
I dropped maths so now completely fine with economics chemistry and geography as well as Welsh bacc. Idk what degree though but I do want to go to uni and get a degree
Original post by ChickenMadness
maths physics biology chemistry.

chemistry was too hard I dropped that at A2.

maths was easy.
biology was easy.
physics was too boring. The textbook had too many words so I never openned it.

How is Biology easy? My Biology so called endorsed by OCR textbook is horrendous, it literally takes me more than 1 hour just to understand what a topic is all about.
Maths Biology Chemistry- started sixth form :smile:

1) The hardest- Maths (Do I really have to explain)
2) Chemistry is easy and I enjoy it soooooooooooooooo much
3) Biology is so much content, and it's not that it's hard it's just so ****ing boring
Reply 37
media English lit psychology

English lit can literally suck a fat one.
Original post by lilis123
1. a levels you took
2. which ones you likes or found easy
3.which ones you regretted

I done Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Economics for AS and I regret picking hard a-levels and doing barely any revision throughout the year.

Do whatever subjects you are interested in and which are required for the degree you want to study at uni but don't go extreme like me if you're the type of person like me who doesn't revise a lot - although I'm trying to change that now :smile:
1. A2: Maths, Physics, Biology AS: Chemistry, Further Maths
2. Maths, F Maths and Chemistry were probably the easiest. Biology is a lot of content but not too bad, Physics for me was the hardest.
3. Regret doing Biology and Chemistry, wish I did History or a language they seem interesting and I'd like to have an essay writing subject to compliment Maths and Physics.

Quick Reply