Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSE 9)
    Maths Biology Chemistry- started sixth form

1) The hardest- Maths (Do I really have to explain)
    2) Chemistry is easy and I enjoy it soooooooooooooooo much
    3) Biology is so much content, and it's not that it's hard it's just so ****ing boring
    Really man, Maths is piss easy compared to Chemistry and Physics which are arguably the 2 hardest a levels and I done all 3 of them (+ Economics) for AS.

Chemistry felt very easy for the first few weeks or for even more than a month it was just atoms, isotopes and then the easier chem stuff but then it gets way harder than maths, which if you understand GCSE maths 95% like I did then a-level maths shouldn't be hard at all. If you just started AS then you'll see what I mean about chemistry at the end of the year and especially if you do it at A2.

Good luck though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mikasadoge)
    1. A2: Maths, Physics, Biology AS: Chemistry, Further Maths
    2. Maths, F Maths and Chemistry were probably the easiest. Biology is a lot of content but not too bad, Physics for me was the hardest.
    3. Regret doing Biology and Chemistry, wish I did History or a language they seem interesting and I'd like to have an essay writing subject to compliment Maths and Physics.
    Same man!

Good luck to you though!

ReputationRep:
    I've taken English Lit, English Lang and Film
    I love all three luckily and I don't regret any! Planning on going on to study English at university.

ReputationRep:
    1) French, History, English Lit
    2) English Lit (as long as you've got the right skills it's alright)
    3) French (****ing regrets man)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amourx)
    I took history french and music. Whatever you do dont take french!
    why???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amourx)
    I took history french and music. Whatever you do dont take french!
    why???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    I took biology, psychology and geography. I loved psychology, geography was okay but I had to resit the year 12 exams and biology was painful. I don't regret any of them because I got good results.
    How did you find revising the case studies for both geography and psychology?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oneiropólos)
    How did you find revising the case studies for both geography and psychology?
    I found it fine. Challenging at times but not bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScrewTheExams)
    Really man, Maths is piss easy compared to Chemistry and Physics which are arguably the 2 hardest a levels and I done all 3 of them (+ Economics) for AS.

Chemistry felt very easy for the first few weeks or for even more than a month it was just atoms, isotopes and then the easier chem stuff but then it gets way harder than maths, which if you understand GCSE maths 95% like I did then a-level maths shouldn't be hard at all. If you just started AS then you'll see what I mean about chemistry at the end of the year and especially if you do it at A2.

Good luck though!
    Bruh, you kidding me right- Maths core 1 is so bloody hard

ReputationRep:
    Bio, Chem and Econ.
    Im in A2 atm and really regret Bio and Chem because they're irrelevant to what I want to do at uni now but I'm stuck doing them

ReputationRep:
    I found maths to be really easy, especially if you understood it fully at GCSE. Chemistry and Physics (and even economics lol) were harder than AS maths for me.

ReputationRep:
    Grade boundaries do also have a say in this, and for AS exams, an A in core1 maths was around 85%, whereas in Physics an A was 57% and around 62% for an A in chemistry (for 2017). So people do find maths easier in general.

ReputationRep:
    I took A-Level Religious Studies, AS Sociology, AS Communication & Culture and BTEC Applied Law.

I liked A-Level RS and BTEC Applied Law. The BTEC was 100% coursework so that was good and easy.

I regret taking AS Sociology in my first year. I should've swapped Sociology for RS rather than swapping Govt & Politics for RS (I found out after filling in my application form that my college offered Religious Studies). I wish I had studied AS Govt & Politics because I didn't do well in AS Sociology.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I took sociology, geography and ICT.
    I took maths at as and got a U in it.
    We also had to do general studies as it was compulsory at our 6th form.
    I loved sociology and geography.
    ICT was OK, but if I picked again i probably have took business studies and law instead of ICT and maths.
    And my 6th form should never have made us do general studies.

ReputationRep:
    I do maths, economics and IT. I like economics and sometimes maths (sometimes the maths is just too hard it's depressing) but I regret taking IT. Not because it's hard, it's because I found out that it's not really a well-respected subject afterwards by universities and it's a bit too easy and straightforward that it's just too boring to study, although feel like it's a good thing that I can get a good grade so me and IT have a love and hate relationship. Wish I have took French or geography instead though

ReputationRep:
    1. English Language, Psychology & Sociology (& Maths @ AS)
    2. Really got into Eng Lang at the mo, especially loving the coursework
    3. There is a LOT to remember for psych and esp socio, you never quite feel like you 100% know everything inside out

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently a second year at uni
    My A Levels were Business, History, Sociology, and English Language.

I regret taking English language bc my teacher was a complete **** and pretty much ruined my appreciation of the subject, so much so that I dropped it after AS

I also regret taking History because, unknowing to me at the time of choosing, it is universally seen as one of THE most challenging A Levels and I struggled immensely. I passed but only just. I probably would've got much better grades overall if I'd done something else because history took up a lot of my time and made me very stressed.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmmaRebecca1997)
    I'm currently a second year at uni
    My A Levels were Business, History, Sociology, and English Language.

I regret taking English language bc my teacher was a complete **** and pretty much ruined my appreciation of the subject, so much so that I dropped it after AS

I also regret taking History because, unknowing to me at the time of choosing, it is universally seen as one of THE most challenging A Levels and I struggled immensely. I passed but only just. I probably would've got much better grades overall if I'd done something else because history took up a lot of my time and made me very stressed.
    Shame your teacher ruined your love for English - mine have done the opposite for me luckily enough! Unlike my psychology and sociology teachers (same for both subjects) who don't seem to have much passion for the subjects at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FatimaBouraoui)
    the listening is fine. its the fricking essay writing part where you have to analyse everything in the movie. I thought I chose French. not flipping English lit and media....
    I love french because of the range of topics they cover but yeah its definitely my hardest subject.

The best part is being able to look at french memes and that still counts as work

ReputationRep:
    i took Bio, Chem, Maths and Physics - I actually wanted to do German because im fluent so it would have been a doss, but ended up doing maths ( which i HATED but was good at) because i heard physics was impossible without it.

Actually ended up hating Physics and dropping it. Only one other girl i my school wanted to do german, so they decided not to have german as a choice, so if i'd picked it she would have had a chance to do it as well.

regretssssss

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.