Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

No idea what to do for my 18th Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I don't have many friends, only 3 close friends (including my boyfriend) and a few I'm not really close to. I only really have direct family living in Northern Ireland. I wouldn't mind drinking but it isn't really an option since none of my friends want to drink. My parents aren't really okay with having many people over. (Or a few considering my friends are loud).
    I haven't done anything for my birthday in years but I want to do something fun this year. I don't just want to have a family meal at a restaurant or anything like that. Ideally I'd love to go to a theme park in England with either a couple of friends or family and my boyfriend, but his Mum is so overprotective and I really doubt she would let him go with me. Plus I don't know if any of my friends would really want to..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lilisea)
    I don't have many friends, only 3 close friends (including my boyfriend) and a few I'm not really close to. I only really have direct family living in Northern Ireland. I wouldn't mind drinking but it isn't really an option since none of my friends want to drink. My parents aren't really okay with having many people over. (Or a few considering my friends are loud).
    I haven't done anything for my birthday in years but I want to do something fun this year. I don't just want to have a family meal at a restaurant or anything like that. Ideally I'd love to go to a theme park in England with either a couple of friends or family and my boyfriend, but his Mum is so overprotective and I really doubt she would let him go with me. Plus I don't know if any of my friends would really want to..
    I'm in the same position as you, I don't know what to do for my 18th!

A few things to start you off:

Ask your friends what you're interested in doing together and decide from there. Or you could try and persuade to have your closest friends come round to your house. Maybe try different activities like bowling, going to the cinema, going to a concert, a festival or ice skating. Something that you and your friends will like as well as enjoying your birthday.

If you can try and plan for the theme park trip, go for it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lilisea)
    I did **** all for my 18th, life just went on for good ol potato me

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.