Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I hate myself and my lack of balls Watch

I walked past a coffee shop and saw a couple of girls sitting outside. I knew they were looking but I carried on walking past. After a few mins I came back and went into the shop, promising myself I would make a move. I walked passed them, with my headphones on but turned down and I could hear them talking about me and looking, but me being the 'alpha male' I am, tried to play it cool and went about ordering my coffee. I sat inside, trying to get my confidence high enough to make a move for like 20mins but by that time, they had left. I hate my lack of balls
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Man up. The key is to see them as your equals. You clearly see them as superior to you if you are scared to make a move. You got this bro!

ReputationRep:
    :congrats:
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    but me being the 'alpha male' I am, tried to play it cool and went about ordering my coffee.
    It's also using phrases like that, stop it and just talk to girls.

ReputationRep:
    That sounds like a medical problem

ReputationRep:
    Girls like balls - truth

ReputationRep:
    lol you're no alpha male, mate :lol:

That's me mocking myself by saying I was trying to be an "alpha male". That wasn't my thought process at the time. And I am far from it right now. It's just me pissed off at myself

That's me mocking myself by saying I was trying to be an "alpha male". That wasn't my thought process at the time. And I am far from it right now. It's just me pissed off at myself
    That's why I put it in quotation marks

ReputationRep:
    Ayee, I see that you are lacking in the "balls" department. I got plenty of these "balls" you speak of. Would you like me to donate some to you?

(Original post by shameful_burrito)
    Man up. The key is to see them as your equals. You clearly see them as superior to you if you are scared to make a move. You got this bro!
    (Original post by UWS)
    It's also using phrases like that, stop it and just talk to girls.
    "What If she says no" and others types of rejections just plague my mind. The embarrassment/ awkwardness after that happens in a public place.

ReputationRep:
    I walked past a coffee shop and saw a couple of girls sitting outside. I knew they were looking but I carried on walking past. After a few mins I came back and went into the shop, promising myself I would make a move. I walked passed them, with my headphones on but turned down and I could hear them talking about me and looking, but me being the 'alpha male' I am, tried to play it cool and went about ordering my coffee. I sat inside, trying to get my confidence high enough to make a move for like 20mins but by that time, they had left. I hate my lack of balls
    I have defo gone through the same thing, being the 'alpha' male that I am. I think it comes down to the fear or waiting vs. the fear of acting. Over time, I am becoming more scared of what will happen if I do not do the thing I'm currently afraid to do.

I have a more detailed answer in this video mate.
    https://youtu.be/tj3ca7bV2Zo

ReputationRep:

don't beat yourself up about it, despite what people type, most men would react the same if without warning he found himself in such a situation......, and probably have done at some point at least a few times if they actually can get unsolicited attention in real life.

ReputationRep:
    Alpha male. More like pussy cat. I've been there. Many times. I got over it. Girls love confidence. If you don't have confidence in yourself then... you enjoy a instead of a warm body in bed with you.

Go be a male model. Take lessons and get photographed. Purpleport may be a great place to start. Confidence is like oil, it oozes out of personality but personality comes from experience. E obedience is a fancy word for "f'd up many times first".

Stop strangers in the street and ask them for the time to begin with. When you feel confident doing that move up and tell them what you like about their clothing choices and be on your way.

"What's The time Mr Wolf? Really? Hey, nice shirt. I bet it cost a bit? Well have a nice day."

Once you learn to approach people you discover they are all quite shy. Now I can ask anyone anything without fear because I control the conversation by starting it.

"Hi, that's a really pretty hairstyle. Who is your stylist? You? Really? You have got to teach me how to do that. How about we start with a cup of coffee first? Who is your friend? Does she bite? That's a pity. I'm the guy your mother warned you about. I might bite... or not. Whatever. How do you like your coffee in the morning?"

Fishing for positive responses is an art. It takes a bit of humour to break the fear factor but it works. Avoid stalker questions like addresses and phone numbers. Don't leave without one. If you get one, call it right away because then she gets yours. If it is a false number, be cheeky but polite.

"Not your number is it? That's ok. I can take a hint. You have a good day now. Enjoy your coffee." Leave with a smile.

Maybe she might give you a valid reason or she may give it to you another day... life is like that. Just be nice all the time. Don't be anyone except yourself and never lie. It will catch you out one day and you'll regret it.

ReputationRep:
    Your basically Scared of rejection? Bruh if whichever says no whats the odds of you ever seeing them again lol.
    You have 0 to lose and always a possible gain my g.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.