Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    I'm thinking of taking French, Psychology, Biology and Law/Maths for A-Level. Do you guys think that's a good mix? I want to fill in my application soon so I'm getting all my questions out now😂 I'm torn between Law and Maths since I'm concerned about the workload but more importantly how well respected the subject is. Oh, and I'm not taking a law degree so no need to advise me against it! Right now I want to take Psychology as a degree (but have no idea how I'll find it at A-level) if that helps.
    Thank you.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Law A level isn't really highly regarded, and is not necessary to do law, but that being said that doesn't mean its not interesting. Maths and Bio are especially hard so only do 4 if you're 100% sure (i do 4 and then realised that I didn't need my 4th at all even if i was doing well, don't jeopardise your other 3 to look like an intellectual - my downfall and reason for Bs not As) But yeah basically do what you're interested in it's only 2 years and it kind of only the grades you get not what you get them in that matters xox

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, I'll take that into account Mind me asking how you found Maths at GCSE? Just so I can get a feel of the jump between them. Thanks again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlbabA)
    Hey,
    I'm thinking of taking French, Psychology, Biology and Law/Maths for A-Level. Do you guys think that's a good mix? I want to fill in my application soon so I'm getting all my questions out now😂 I'm torn between Law and Maths since I'm concerned about the workload but more importantly how well respected the subject is. Oh, and I'm not taking a law degree so no need to advise me against it! Right now I want to take Psychology as a degree (but have no idea how I'll find it at A-level) if that helps.
    Thank you.
    Nosing around and found this thread
    I have a friend who wants to do Psych as well and she took French, Psych, Bio and Maths and I think she plans on dropping French after AS.
    I think it's quite a good mix of STEM and essay-based subjects and having French in there is good because not many people take languages for A-Levels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nyxnko_)
    Nosing around and found this thread
    I have a friend who wants to do Psych as well and she took French, Psych, Bio and Maths and I think she plans on dropping French after AS.
    I think it's quite a good mix of STEM and essay-based subjects and having French in there is good because not many people take languages for A-Levels.
    Glad you stumbled upon it with that advice, thank you for taking the time to respond

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlbabA)
    Glad you stumbled upon it with that advice, thank you for taking the time to respond
    Aw.. np

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.