The Student Room Group

MAT Marking?

This is probably such an amateur question that I should know the answer to by now but does anyone have any insight into how the Mathematics Admissions Test is marked? I’ve seen people talking about scores out of 100 but how does that work?

Also as for the multiple choice do you get full marks for a correct answer (even if it may be an educated guess and your working may be slightly flawed) or do you have to show fully correct working to get the mark/s?
(edited 6 years ago)

Spoiler

Original post by EmilySarah00
This is probably such an amateur question that I should know the answer to by now but does anyone have any insight into how the Mathematics Admissions Test is marked? I’ve seen people talking about scores out of 100 but how does that work?

Also as for the multiple choice do you get full marks for a correct answer (even if it may be an educated guess and your working may be slightly flawed) or do you have to show fully correct working to get the mark/s?

It's stated on the paper :smile:. From here:
Question 1 is a multiple choice question with ten parts. Marks are given solely for correct
answers but any rough working should be shown in the space between parts. Answer Question 1 on the grid on Page 2. Each part is worth 4 marks. Answers to questions 2-7 should be written in the space provided, continuing on to the blank pages at the end of this booklet if necessary. Each of Questions 2-7 is worth 15 marks.
Original post by RogerOxon

Ah thank you so much! That was a silly thing to miss!I’ve only completed specimen A however and I’m almost positive it wasn’t stated on the front of that paper but thanks again :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending