Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This is probably such an amateur question that I should know the answer to by now but does anyone have any insight into how the Mathematics Admissions Test is marked? I’ve seen people talking about scores out of 100 but how does that work?

Also as for the multiple choice do you get full marks for a correct answer (even if it may be an educated guess and your working may be slightly flawed) or do you have to show fully correct working to get the mark/s?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Bump

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmilySarah00)
    This is probably such an amateur question that I should know the answer to by now but does anyone have any insight into how the Mathematics Admissions Test is marked? I’ve seen people talking about scores out of 100 but how does that work?

Also as for the multiple choice do you get full marks for a correct answer (even if it may be an educated guess and your working may be slightly flawed) or do you have to show fully correct working to get the mark/s?
    It's stated on the paper . From here:
    Question 1 is a multiple choice question with ten parts. Marks are given solely for correct
    answers but any rough working should be shown in the space between parts. Answer Question 1 on the grid on Page 2. Each part is worth 4 marks. Answers to questions 2-7 should be written in the space provided, continuing on to the blank pages at the end of this booklet if necessary. Each of Questions 2-7 is worth 15 marks.

ReputationRep:
    Ah thank you so much! That was a silly thing to miss!I’ve only completed specimen A however and I’m almost positive it wasn’t stated on the front of that paper but thanks again
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.