The Student Room Group

A-level Choices, PLEASE HELP

So i'm currently in year 11 and i'm thinking of taking economics, french and maths for A level. Are these respected?

Also, is business studies a respected subject? i'm getting A*s in it at the moment and i just feel like it would be a waste not to take it.

is business studies as respected as economics? which is better/more interesting and helpful when applying for university?

thanks, any replies are appreciated
Economics is probs more respected but you should base your subjects around what you want to do at uni and their requirements
Original post by taylorsails
So i'm currently in year 11 and i'm thinking of taking economics, french and maths for A level. Are these respected?

Also, is business studies a respected subject? i'm getting A*s in it at the moment and i just feel like it would be a waste not to take it.

is business studies as respected as economics? which is better/more interesting and helpful when applying for university?

thanks, any replies are appreciated

Economics and business studies are great for anything business related but keep in mind most unis won't accept both together
Reply 3
Original post by Reece.W.J
Economics and business studies are great for anything business related but keep in mind most unis won't accept both together

Thanks, I'm leaning towards economics since it seems to be better. What would you recommend?
Original post by taylorsails
Thanks, I'm leaning towards economics since it seems to be better. What would you recommend?

Economics.
I honestly think your choices are amazing. Economics is incredibly well respected especially in conjunction with Maths. French or any language in fact is going to be so useful in a globalised world so can really be an advantage. Do you have an idea of what you want to study at university or do careerwise as they may need certain subjects? But I do know you can change your choices until like the 2 month in A Levels so don't stress and focus on your GCSE's. :smile:
If you’re getting A*s in most subjects and you’re taking Maths A-level, then you’ll definitely be able to cope with Economics A-level.

It is more respected & harder than business studies.

Also, as someone above said, defo don’t do econ and business, as most unis consider them to be too similar to count as two separate A levels.
Reply 7
Original post by itunugrace
I honestly think your choices are amazing. Economics is incredibly well respected especially in conjunction with Maths. French or any language in fact is going to be so useful in a globalised world so can really be an advantage. Do you have an idea of what you want to study at university or do careerwise as they may need certain subjects? But I do know you can change your choices until like the 2 month in A Levels so don't stress and focus on your GCSE's. :smile:

thank you so much, this has really helped. i don't know what i want to do at university yet, is so overwhelming and there are so many choices.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by LeapingLucy
If you’re getting A*s in most subjects and you’re taking Maths A-level, then you’ll definitely be able to cope with Economics A-level.

It is more respected & harder than business studies.

Also, as someone above said, defo don’t do econ and business, as most unis consider them to be too similar to count as two separate A levels.

thank you, i definitely feel better now lol :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest