Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

B1285 - Sexual activity with a corpse bill 2017 Watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:

B1285 - Sexual activity with a corpse bill 2017, JoecPhillips MP, Seconded by Connor27 MP

A
    BILL TO
    Legalise sex with corpses.

BE IT ENACTED by The Queen's most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Commons in this present Parliament assembled, in accordance with the provisions of the Parliament Acts 1911 and 1949, and by the authority of the same, as follows:—

1- Repeal
    (1) Section 70 of the sexual offences act is hereby repealed

2- Citation and commencement
    (1) This Act extends to the United Kingdom.
    (2) The provisions of this Act come into force on Royal Assent
    (3) This Act may be referred to as the Sexual Activity With A Corpse Act 2017

Notes:
    http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2003/42/section/70
    The state should have no place in restricting anyone's sex life because they disagree with it.
    But if you're dead, you're dead. Your body doesnt belong to anyone if you're dead so should be used for "the greater good"
    If you're such a disturbed, wretched, selfish little person that you want to make sure your death isn't of benefit to anyone else, then vote nay

• TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airmed)
    This.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if the notes are funny or frankly ridiculous.
    Would say nay to this bill initially, if someone is dead, while their corpse may not belong to anyone I think their family should be involved in this decision somehow.

ReputationRep:
    Will it still be a capital offense for the corpse?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    If you belive the notes make compulsory organ donation and bodies given to Science. The boys should be used for the greater good and not temporary satisfaction if one individual.

ReputationRep:
    Can we have a bill to fund psychological study into what OP is thinking rn and why

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LifeIsFine)
    Not sure if the notes are funny or frankly ridiculous.
    Would say nay to this bill initially, if someone is dead, while their corpse may not belong to anyone I think their family should be involved in this decision somehow.
    That defies bodily autonomy surely? What if they don't want the family to decide what happens, what if someone actively wants their corpse to be engages in intercourse?

aye btw.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    So this is what the MHOC is about, seems quite cancerous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Connor27)
    That defies bodily autonomy surely? What if they don't want the family to decide what happens, what if someone actively wants their corpse to be engages in intercourse?

aye btw.
    A corpse can't consent. Are we going to have rape cases about corpses now?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoffeeGeek)
    This.
    Exactly...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CastCuraga)
    Can we have a bill to fund psychological study into what OP is thinking rn and why
    It's called freedom, give it a try sometime.

You're just as bad as those in the 60s and 70s who said homosexuality is unnatural and therefore should be illegal, you have no right to define what is and isn't natural behaviour, and neither do any of us.

ReputationRep:
    A corpse can't consent. Are we going to have rape cases about corpses now?
    A corpse also isn't an animate or sentient object, therefore it doesn't have rights. It's the equivalent of ejaculating on a chair, do you oppose that?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:

My thoughts too.

ReputationRep:

My thoughts too.
    Not a very liberal attitude is it? Perhaps it's time to join UKIP, Airmed...

ReputationRep:
    Ironic how you talk about logic and reason and then drop an ad hominem. I wonder which uni let you in with those utterly superb critical thinking skills you have there... (/sarcasm)
    Nothing ironic about it all. The ad hominem is irrelevant since I made a statement not an argument you dimwitted idiot.

Which uni do you go to?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Not a very liberal attitude is it? Perhaps it's time to join UKIP, Airmed...
    Oh, haha, very funny. :lol:

If someone wants to **** a dead body, that's just not ok. This isn't about politics, liberal attitudes, or whatnot. It's just ****ing ew.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tyrell221)
    Nothing ironic about it all. The ad hominem is irrelevant since I made a statement not an argument you dimwitted idiot.

Which uni do you go to?
    Saying that we have "lost all sense of logic and reason" is an assertion, not a statement, it is not an objective fact because I dispute it. Therefore the logical fallacy is relevant.

I am currently in Year 13 but I'm predicted 2A*s 2As in my A-Levels, make of that what you will.

ReputationRep:

If someone wants to **** a dead body, that's just not ok. This isn't about politics, liberal attitudes, or whatnot. It's just ****ing ew.
    Some people think gay sex is ew, should we ban that?

ReputationRep:

People used that exact argument about gays in the 60s, it's not logically valid.

Use reason to explain to me why it should not be ok, emotionalism and social stigma is just the naturalistic fallacy, I do not accept it as a refutation of the bill.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 16, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.