Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

B1285 - Sexual activity with a corpse bill 2017 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I would support an amendment permitting individuals to choose for their bodies to be used in sexual acts after death; at current this bill ignores the will and consent of the large majority of the electorate. I understand a dead body is no longer an individual, but it still holds a large amount of value to almost everybody (as shown) and therefore a solution should be found that extends freedom but respects humanity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Connor27)
    Not a very liberal attitude is it?
    You are shamelessly attempting to shame people into agreeing with your extremism by saying this. Liberalism, as demonstrated by you and your fellow travellers recently, especially in this bill, can be both extreme and bad for society.

Shame on you.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saunders16)
    I would support an amendment permitting individuals to choose for their bodies to be used in sexual acts after death; at current this bill ignores the will and consent of the large majority of the electorate. I understand a dead body is no longer an individual, but it still holds a large amount of value to almost everybody (as shown) and therefore a solution should be found that extends freedom but respects humanity.
    Pretty much this.

There needs to be several provisions in this bill before I can consider voting for it.

1) Consent - Before someone dies, they need to write a written document specifying who is permitted to "use" their corpse following their death.

2) Time Limit - Assuming one isn't cremated, some people will want to be buried, and people obviously shouldn't have to be dug up and reburied. There has to be a specific amount of days following death that one is allowed to "use" someone else's corpse. Once those days are gone, the person should be prepared for burial/cremation and the normal funeral process should finish.

3. Location - You need to specify where people will be able to "use" a corpse.

4. Health - This ties in with the Time-Limit part. You need to find out at which point it is no longer safe (not just for the person doing but for other people) to "use" a corpse, and incorporate this into the time limit.

That's all I can think of for now, if I think of anything else I'll get back to the writers in this thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    Pretty much this.

There needs to be several provisions in this bill before I can consider voting for it.

1) Consent - Before someone dies, they need to write a written document specifying who is permitted to "use" their corpse following their death.

2) Time Limit - Assuming one isn't cremated, some people will want to be buried, and people obviously shouldn't have to be dug up and reburied. There has to be a specific amount of days following death that one is allowed to "use" someone else's corpse. Once those days are gone, the person should be prepared for burial/cremation and the normal funeral process should finish.

4. Health - This ties in with the Time-Limit part. You need to find out at which point it is no longer safe (not just for the person doing but for other people) to "use" a corpse, and incorporate this into the time limit.

That's all I can think of for now, if I think of anything else I'll get back to the writers in this thread
    These are pretty much all of the concerns I have, I would probably add some sort of mandatory psychiatric testing.

ReputationRep:
    This is turning into a libertarian sub reddit...

Where's the mandatory sex with animals bill?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    This is turning into a libertarian sub reddit...

Where's the mandatory sex with animals bill?
    Here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conceited)
    Here.

ReputationRep:
    The only time I visit MHoC is to read these hilarious bills.

I can never tell if they are written by people who believe they really are libertarians or by people trying to mock libertarianism.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much this.

PRSOM

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=joecphillips;74043992]
    (Original post by Lsheep666)

Provide figures and evidence
    No your argument was used against homosexuality, it is not a valid argument at all
    I did not say that
    Why would you choose to bang a dude? Some people see that as sick and perverted should it be outlawed?
    The state should protect people’s rights not force it’s morals onto others
    Ah so you don't believe in morals?
    Oh yes mating with another living human is seen as sick and perverted by... 0% of people.
    Why do you enjoy being a necrophile? A sense of power over a dead person? You are just sick in the head. The idea of your body being used for sexual gratification is sickening and disturbing. The idea that some creep would use my dead vagina as some *** hole makes me wanna puke. There's no consent once someone's dead. Would you like the idea of your mother or sister when she dies being used sexually by some sweaty, panting pervert?
    It literally serves no purpose for scientific advancement.
    Keep your pervy little dead rape fantasies to yourself.
    Also sorry to break it to you but necrophilia is NEVER going to be legalized due to the majority of people not being mentally deranged.
    Don't bother replying, I hope the police catch you soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    Some people think gay sex is ew, should we ban that?
    That's the same argument some people use to support paedophilia, but the problem in both cases is consent. People even have to consent for their organs to used after death. You guys are just trolling and attention whoring.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YaliaV)
    That's the same argument some people use to support paedophilia, but the problem in both cases is consent. People even have to consent for their organs to used after death. You guys are just trolling and attention whoring.
    Pedophillic sex is abusive and introduces mental scarring to the victim(s).
    I'm indifferent on this matter but what then if a person gave consent to their partner? For example, in the case of a terminally ill spouse.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much this.

I agree with this, if these were included it'd be an AYE
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tyrell221)
    MHOC users are so ideologically driven you lot have lost all sense of logic and reality. No wonder all of you go to crap unis.
    That's funny because I happen to go to the 3rd best uni in the country in the 2018 ranking .

Also Aye

ReputationRep:
    These are pretty much all of the concerns I have, I would probably add some sort of mandatory psychiatric testing.
    And a requirement that people availing themselves of this 'facility' must first register on a national necrophilia database.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    And a requirement that people availing themselves of this 'facility' must first register on a national necrophilia database.
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    Why?
    So that the good people of Britain can protect their corpses, and avoid contact with people living such an unhealthy lifestyle..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    So that the good people of Britain can protect their corpses, and avoid contact with people living such an unhealthy lifestyle..
    That is indeed an issue, perhaps, if consent is not apparent. But provided this bill did take that into consideration, there is no need.
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    That's funny because I happen to go to the 3rd best uni in the country in the 2018 ranking .

Also Aye
    Times Higher Education (THE) puts St Andrews at 20th - just sayin'. :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    Times Higher Education (THE) puts St Andrews at 20th - just sayin'. :teehee:
    Whatever happened to quitting the MHOC dearie? It was so fun without you

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 16, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.