• Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Connor27)
    Whatever happened to quitting the MHOC dearie? It was so fun without you
    I shall appear from time to time, don't you worry! :flybye:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    Times Higher Education (THE) puts St Andrews at 20th - just sayin'. :teehee:
    You do realise different league tables rank the uni differently right?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr T 999)
    You do realise different league tables rank the uni differently right?
    Yes, the methodology can differ quite a lot - which is one of the reasons they should be taken with a big pinch of salt. Anyway, we're drifting off topic - the only reason I posted was to make the point that league tables all say different things.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Ffs.....
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Lel, the last couple of threads are legit just about education. MODS!
    Onto the actual bill, I abstain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airmed)
    X
    Can you clear the clutter in the thread please.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr T 999)
    Can you clear the clutter in the thread please.
    Enjoy
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Thread closed temporarily for clean-up.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Thread reopened. To go over a couple of things,

Note that the MHoC guidelines are in addition to the existing moderation policy and terms of conditions of the site. They do not supercede them, they are supplementary so you should not expect to be able to post things here that would not be acceptable in other sections of the site.

For now, bills like this and their resultant debate will remain up if they're generally able to stimulate a reasonable discussion. If you're just trying to post edgy things, they're not going to stay here for much longer. Please keep it civil and intelligent. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airmed)
    This /\. I fully agree with this.

Nay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Connor27)
    A corpse also isn't an animate or sentient object, therefore it doesn't have rights. It's the equivalent of ejaculating on a chair, do you oppose that?

Do you really wanna be that guy though who fights for the right to **** a dead person or a chair? It's really not something worth fighting for.

(Original post by joecphillips)
    Some people think gay sex is ew, should we ban that?
    We're talking about DEATH not gays. Stop creating diversions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Financier)
    Thread closed temporarily for clean-up.
    Clean up? Is that...a pun?

ReputationRep:
    I think I have realised why these bills have been introduced. If they go to division then those with a low vote percentage can take part, up their score/percentage and avoid by-elections in a month or so.

Apart from Michael Fish who has been too busy predicting the weather to take part for the Liberals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    I think I have realised why these bills have been introduced. If they go to division then those with a low vote percentage can take part, up their score/percentage and avoid by-elections in a month or so.

Apart from Michael Fish who has been too busy predicting the weather to take part for the Liberals.
    Yes because 2 libertarian MPs are trying to help the government
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    absolute nay. our nation's morals have degenerated enough.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salt Queen)
    Do you really wanna be that guy though who fights for the right to **** a dead person? It's really not something worth fighting for.
    You say that like it's a silly thing to do, it isn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conceited)
    You say that like it's a silly thing to do, it isn't.
    You think that necrophilia is not a silly thing to do? Seriously? Apart from the taboo nature of the activity, which means it causes extreme offence and disgust, there
    are serious health and disease implications.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    You think that necrophilia is not a silly thing to do? Seriously? Apart from the taboo nature of the activity, which means it causes extreme offence and disgust, there
    are serious health and disease implications.
    Offence and disgust aren't good enough oppositions to the premise, I too find it disgusting. Although I'll personally be abstaining on this, a better written bill on the same subject that lessens to a great degree those implications - say, having to have bodies refrigerated and used within a certain time period - would get my full support.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Financier)
    Thread reopened. To go over a couple of things,

Note that the MHoC guidelines are in addition to the existing moderation policy and terms of conditions of the site. They do not supercede them, they are supplementary so you should not expect to be able to post things here that would not be acceptable in other sections of the site.

For now, bills like this and their resultant debate will remain up if they're generally able to stimulate a reasonable discussion. If you're just trying to post edgy things, they're not going to stay here for much longer. Please keep it civil and intelligent. Thanks.
    You'll probably find the civil and intelligent discussion has only really been coming from the pro-bill side, the anti side has resorted to base, emotional responses tbqhwy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conceited)
    Offence and disgust aren't good enough oppositions to the premise, I too find it disgusting. Although I'll personally be abstaining on this, a better written bill on the same subject that lessens to a great degree those implications - say, having to have bodies refrigerated and used within a certain time period - would get my full support.
    Would you support peadophilla if both parties give full consent from both parties?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 16, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.