Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I feel so worn out from the workload I got to sleep at 11pm and wake up at 6am, I come home on Monday and Wednesday at 5-6pm due to art workshops. I come home at whatever time and just start on the workload, at school I don't eat well, that is why I am getting pack lunch at school. I think my body gave up on Friday because I was so tired and I still wake up on weekends early to go out buy stuff for school. It's so annoying because I am trying my best o cut down, then when a new weeks comes I am finished because I have more work.

ReputationRep:
    I totally understand, it's a definite struggle. If you have a part time job, try and cut down on the hours to give yourself more time - I'm in Year 13 but last year I was doing 16 hours a week but it was definitely to my detriment. This year I'm on 10, but will have to cut down soon. Give yourself one day off on the weekend, or a weekday if you work weekends, to literally do nothing - one day of complete relaxation every week. If you're having to wake up to buy stuff for school, stock up on one day or shop in your frees or after school - that's definitely something you can stop doing. Have a nap when you get home after school if you need to. I alway try and get all of my homework done during school ours in frees and then revise/do coursework when I get home and ALWAYS stop after tea time. I'll definitely increase the amount of time I spend doing school work as the year goes on, but we're right at the start of the year so you can cut yourself some slack. Use half term coming up to catch up on any work, and give yourself a proper break. As soon as you're on top of everything, you do feel a lot better.

If you ever need a chat, you can talk to me because I totally understand how you feel. It is tough, but it is manageable.

ReputationRep:
    You gotta plan your time. Make a timetable or something and stick to it. Also, give yourself enough time to rest and do other things to keep your mind fresh. Stay hydrated and give your mind a rest. Don’t overdo it. Don’t panic either, that’s the last thing you wanna do. Stay calm and plan how you’re gonna do your work. Maybe do an hour of revision then give yourself a 10 minute break.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAlchemistress)
    I feel so worn out from the workload I got to sleep at 11pm and wake up at 6am, I come home on Monday and Wednesday at 5-6pm due to art workshops. I come home at whatever time and just start on the workload, at school I don't eat well, that is why I am getting pack lunch at school. I think my body gave up on Friday because I was so tired and I still wake up on weekends early to go out buy stuff for school. It's so annoying because I am trying my best o cut down, then when a new weeks comes I am finished because I have more work.
    You're slowly becoming an adult and you're getting a small taste of what it is like to work a full-time job, essentially. You need to organise yourself in terms preparing your meals beforehand and allocating time to complete the work you need to. You best get used to it because it only gets harder from here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAlchemistress)
    I can relate I'm an A2 student too. Literally it's so easy to burn out it's almost scary. The thought of this exam being the one to shape your future, nevertheless there is so much you can do which will help you trust me. I'm known for being the one who's always stressed out of my friends but within the last week my life has turned for the better with a few changes in my lifestyle... no joke.

The tips...

- organisation

Keep a diary, I use an app is much easier check out mystudylife on the App Store. You schedule everything in there, holidays, lessons, homework, reminders. Being on top of your timings will allow you to do more during the day. Not saying you are disorganised, but being EXTRA organised will definitely be of benefit

- mindset
    My mum told me to think of this as a pregnancy....
    Meaning it's only 9 months. Her point was that after this my efforts will be worth it. Short-term pain long-term gain type thing. Think about your goals and how this struggle is helping you to get to them.

-gym
    Or exercise of some sort, I go to the gym 5 days a week and still stay on top of work. How? I go at 6:30-8 every morning before school. All this means is I have to sleep earlier. See what I mean about the wonders of organisation? Exercise will do wonders for you regardless, I could list the benefits but we'll be here all day.

-meditation
    I meditate every morning for 10 minutes a day. It's not an occult to religion, just deep breaths. I do it more for physical relaxation and stress relief rather than the spiritual awakening you may imagine it as. Seems bizarre at first but the shift in mindset it will give you transfers to all aspects of your life... all due to 10 minutes of breathing a day...

Hobbies
    Find something you enjoy and use that as motivation. Knowing that if you work hard all week you can take a Saturday off to go shopping with your friends makes you want to work. Everyone needs a break... you are only human.

I honestly hope that helped and I'm telling you all this because I felt the same less than a few weeks ago. There is hope though never forget that.
    🤙🏼🤙🏼🤙🏼
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.