Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My best friend doesn’t care about me anymore Watch

Hi, I am a girl. So my best friend got a girlfriend, his first girlfriend. When he got with her I noticed he no longer had any interest in our friendship and only texted me occasionally when he felt guilty for not keeping in contact as we usually spoke everyday. I told him how I felt and nothing changed and I felt rubbish about it as he was the only real friend I had. I jokingly said he didn’t need my number anymore thinking he would maybe fight for the friendship if he truly cared. He never replied and we haven’t spoken for months now. Was he only my friend because he was lonely and depressed? I am glad he is happy and I have always supported him and his relationships. What do you think?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi, I am a girl. So my best friend got a girlfriend, his first girlfriend. When he got with her I noticed he no longer had any interest in our friendship and only texted me occasionally when he felt guilty for not keeping in contact as we usually spoke everyday. I told him how I felt and nothing changed and I felt rubbish about it as he was the only real friend I had. I jokingly said he didn’t need my number anymore thinking he would maybe fight for the friendship if he truly cared. He never replied and we haven’t spoken for months now. Was he only my friend because he was lonely and depressed? I am glad he is happy and I have always supported him and his relationships. What do you think?
    I think that now he has a girlfriend he has matured and moved on - people change and maybe he feels like he doesn't want to be your friend anymore. It is upsetting i know but it happens - i would just try to leave it as it has been months now. He probably was really grateful to you being his friend but now he has his girlfriend and obviously their bond will be stronger - and i mean this in the nicest way possible - he feels that he no longer needs your friendship.
    HOWEVER
    Another possibility is that his girlfriend doesn't want him to be friends with you because she might think he will cheat or whatever which I have to admit is very selfish and insecure of her but this happens too

ReputationRep:
    He'l message you again after they break up lol

(Original post by ebickers)
    I think that now he has a girlfriend he has matured and moved on - people change and maybe he feels like he doesn't want to be your friend anymore. It is upsetting i know but it happens - i would just try to leave it as it has been months now. He probably was really grateful to you being his friend but now he has his girlfriend and obviously their bond will be stronger - and i mean this in the nicest way possible - he feels that he no longer needs your friendship.
    HOWEVER
    Another possibility is that his girlfriend doesn't want him to be friends with you because she might think he will cheat or whatever which I have to admit is very selfish and insecure of her but this happens too
    That’s fair I am sad to be honest how he could just drop a friend like that! I just feel like he never cared if he could just do that.

(Original post by ChickenMadness)
    He'l message you again after they break up lol
    He’ll get nout from me, hahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    That’s fair I am sad to be honest how he could just drop a friend like that! I just feel like he never cared if he could just do that.
    I know and I completely understand - a best friend of mine dropped me last year and I have learnt that she did care about me but the friendship was easy to let go - I have long since lost contact with her and she now goes to a different school but I am so much happier with the friends I have now - I barely think about her.
    I have to admit it took me a while to come to that conclusion and I feel it may be harder for you but sometimes, it does just happen unfortunately x

ReputationRep:
    sorry but it’s probably his girlfriend lmao i know from personal experience from my friends what they are like w their boyfriends&its not cute

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 9, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.