The Student Room Group

Should i send my application now or wait for the PS Checker?

Im a mature student, so dont have anyone professional to read my statement. Its been read and reviewed several times by friends and family and im happy with it but i feel like i should get it checked by someone who knows more about statements than random people. Is it worth waiting for the checker to be back open or do i just trust myself?
Reply 1
Original post by marshalld67
Im a mature student, so dont have anyone professional to read my statement. Its been read and reviewed several times by friends and family and im happy with it but i feel like i should get it checked by someone who knows more about statements than random people. Is it worth waiting for the checker to be back open or do i just trust myself?

How is the rest of your application? Is everything else done - is it just the case of uploading the reference and it's ready to go? Are you applying as an individual, and if so is your reference already done?

You also need to consider what free time you have. If the Helper suggests that you need to edit parts, do you have time to do this?

We don't have an exact time for the service to be back up, so I can't guarantee you'll definitely get a review if you do wait. But as long as it's submitted by the deadline, there's no advantage to submitting early - so if you're happy to wait, a review could turn out to be beneficial.
Are you applying for Oxbridge? Waiting a month or so if you aren't applying for the early deadline won't hinder your application
Original post by Juno
How is the rest of your application?
You also need to consider what free time you have.

Original post by *Interrobang*
Are you applying for Oxbridge? Waiting a month or so if you aren't applying for the early deadline won't hinder your application

Not applying to oxbridge so no worry there and if theres no advantage to applying early i dont mind waiting, I've got plenty of time on my hands and want to make sure its perfect. My whole application is done, and as soon as i add the statement, i can send the application to the person doing the reference. Ive even got the statement ready to go and fitting in UCAS, just want one final opinion!
All applications sent before January 15th have equal consideration so you could send it up til then :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending