omw
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi there.

I have previously completed a level maths and recieved a B grade. I have decided to resit few exams to boost my grade to an A. I have also decided to book these exams privately at a centre. However, they asked me would i require a cash in? Could some please explain what this means and whether i should or shouldn't cash in ?. Thanks .
Copasetic
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
From what I can remember, once you've cashed it in, you've got your grade, so I would say don't cash it in. I also did Maths early and was advised to avoid cashing it in until the end of year 13 so unis would accept it as part of my offer. Some unis want all your 3 A level grades to be obtained in one sitting (some don't care). However, my school had already cashed mine in so I had to rely on another 3 A levels to fulfill my offer. This is my only knowledge of cashing in, but it used to be that you could re-sit and cash in when happy. Not sure if it is the same now because my A Level Maths was 6 years ago.
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by omw)
Hi there.

I have previously completed a level maths and recieved a B grade. I have decided to resit few exams to boost my grade to an A. I have also decided to book these exams privately at a centre. However, they asked me would i require a cash in? Could some please explain what this means and whether i should or shouldn't cash in ?. Thanks .
As you already have a cashed in grade for maths it makes sense to request cash in with your resits. If you don't request cash in then they will not calculate a new overall grade if your unit results have improved. You can request it after results but it can take a few days.
The only reason for a private candidate not to do it is if you fear you will not improve, if you don't cash in then technically you don't have a new A level result and you can pretend the resits never happened.
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You can "re-cash" your results at a small fee for each module re-cashed at any time - so if you've done resits you can re-cash and they will actually change your grade if applicable. Also this will allow them to "move" units between Maths and Further Maths to maximize your grade(s) in those (if you're taking both - if you're only doing Maths this last bit is irrelevant to you).
3mmz
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I am doing alevel Sociology on my gap year and doing all 3 papers
Do I need to pay the exam centre for the cash in or do I not to cash it in since I am not resiting any units and will be doing all 3 papers in one year?
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by 3mmz)
I am doing alevel Sociology on my gap year and doing all 3 papers
Do I need to pay the exam centre for the cash in or do I not to cash it in since I am not resiting any units and will be doing all 3 papers in one year?
Sociology is a linear qualification so the concept of the cash-in does not exist as it is all or nothing. If you are entered, then you are entered for all 3 exams and the overall grade.
3mmz
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Compost)
Sociology is a linear qualification so the concept of the cash-in does not exist as it is all or nothing. If you are entered, then you are entered for all 3 exams and the overall grade.
Thanks for the reply
So when I pay for the exams I do not have to tick the cash in section of the form? Basically they will give me an overall grade regardless?
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by 3mmz)
Thanks for the reply
So when I pay for the exams I do not have to tick the cash in section of the form? Basically they will give me an overall grade regardless?
Yes, if you're entered then you must be cashed-in as it is a single code for everything.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (406)
56.23%
I don't have everything I need (316)
43.77%

Watched Threads