Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you think that one parent should stay at home and raise the kids? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    That wasn't the question!
    A) They have other sources of income.

B) They have a lot of savings.

C) I’m going to provide for them (my parents actually expect this).

Problem?

ReputationRep:
    I feel like ideally, it would be best if both parents could spend an equally decent amount of time with their children, and some time all together as well. This would probably set up the best means for the child and the parents to develop secure attachments with each other. But I see that in many situations, this is very difficult to maintain.
    However, I don't exactly think that it would be the best for only one parent to be dedicated to the children while the other is dedicated to work. Though it could certainly allow the children to have a carer with them at all times, I still think a sort of balance is best for the family as a whole, most hopefully working around the work schedules for both to pursue their careers while spending quality time with the family. Not easy, but probably ideal

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.