Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey so I'm new on this so I don't know how to use it yet.

So I was just wondering if anyone knows any good study tips as I'm starting my GCSE's

I have tried loads of methods of trying to remember things when studying but nothing sticks into my head does anyone know any??
    If you do thank you!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Hey and welcome to TSD
    So im in my gcses aswell and i have been given lots of advice and i dont mind sharing it. Gcse's can get difficult because there are so many subjects and you need to space out your time wisely.With revising science i say you take your textbooks and the specification and make condensed notes on it and read through them every now and then and at night and when you are pretty confdent with it then test yourself on the topic. Try and do this for all the topics (B1,B2,B3 etc.) and its the same for geogrpahy/history. You havent specified wich topics you specifically need help on but i presumed science seeing as it has alot of content to memorise. You can pm me if you want and tell me wich subjects you specifically need help on. Good luck x

ReputationRep:
    I'm now in year 12 so for my gcses a few months ago I found one method that really helped me.
    I first wrote my notes down then I read them out loud again and again and again. Basically it was like I was trying to teach it to someone who wasnt there. Just make sure you shut the door so people don't think your crazy
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4998046 Hi there have a look here , it's my blog and will be updated daily with tips

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.