Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    That's good, maybe add a hope you are well after inconvenience or a yours sincerely but other than that it'll be fine!

ReputationRep:
    most are too lazy to email you back and will blank you, happens to me

ReputationRep:
    It's perfective fine to email your teacher (if it's their work email or the email they gave you). It's a lot more convenient too, I do it all the time when I need to catch up on work or if I'm missing a lesson. Then I'll usually speak to them in person in the next lesson if they ask me to or if they have work for me to catch up on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ExoIceCream99)
    That's good, maybe add a hope you are well after inconvenience or a yours sincerely but other than that it'll be fine!
    Will do, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by khookie)
    It's perfective fine to email your teacher (if it's their work email or the email they gave you). It's a lot more convenient too, I do it all the time when I need to catch up on work or if I'm missing a lesson. Then I'll usually speak to them in person in the next lesson if they ask me to or if they have work for me to catch up on.
    Thank goodness for that! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FaZe Clan)
    most are too lazy to email you back and will blank you, happens to me
    Yep they haven't replied yet, haha!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by postlikeastudent)
    So at our school nobody emails the teachers, not because it's a rule but just because nobody wants to. I know that I won't be in on Mon so I sent this email to 4 of my teachers:
    Hi Mr Smith,
    Unfortunately, I have a trial day at (school name) on Monday so I won't be able to attend the French class. I'll cope out any notes I've missed but if there's any catch up work I need to do would you mind either sending it to me or putting it on the school site please? Sorry for the inconvenience, (my name) Now, I've never emailed a teacher before and all the classes I've missed I've never emailed the teachers about it as I normally go and talk to them, so I'm worried that it will look like I'm trying to get too close (especially as one is a young man) and now I really regret sending them!! What do you think?? Thanks for your time
    Absolutely fine. At my college emailing teachers was totally normal and I would email them with something similar to what you wrote any time I knew I wouldn't be in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kindred)
    Absolutely fine. At my college emailing teachers was totally normal and I would email them with something similar to what you wrote any time I knew I wouldn't be in.
    I'm so relieved! Thanks!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.