A rant about my first day back Watch

This discussion is closed.
AllergicToFairydust
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
My first day at school was today and it was utter crap!! My grandparents are having a good laugh at it and so is my mum. It wasn't the worst day ever but it is ranked on my top 5 I know in a few weeks I'll laugh about it but I need to have a little bit of a rant about it.

[rant begin]

ok, the first crap thing happened this morning. Stupidly, I took all my books in believing it would be a normal day like last year - get my timetable and start my courses. But oh no! They had cancelled ALL my lessons for a day for maddness! leaving me carrying a heavy bag which made me look like a hunchback.

secondly, the reg room my reg fought to get last year with comfy bean bag chairs etc, has been taken away and given to Year 12 and my reg has been split up, leaving me without my friends in a reg I hate.

Then I was drag into a two hour lecture on how to decide what to study at uni and where to go. None of this related to me as I have already decided but I sat through it because my friends have no clue what they are doing and I thought I better go along with the whole thing as I didn't want to appear a know it all. The lecture failed the mention anything about the forms for UCAS which would have been handy but the woman did a music course at cardiff which seemed to a good thing as I got some good info and advice.

Anyway after my butt fell asleep, I was getting pretty bored of the repeative "Don't go to a certain uni just because your friends/boyfriend/girlfriend are" and "hand in your form asap" but I stayed awake long enough to hear my head of sixth form tell me her door is open all day so I thought I'd pop along and see her for a form.

When I got to her office there was a que of about 4 people so I thought ok I'll go to the toilet and tell Mrs. XYZ I'm not taking business which would give time for the que to go down. However when I had return there was a que going from her office, past the toilets and past the science labs. So I joined this que. Suprising for not long as the room which was suppose to be open all day was being closed until lunch.

So I went away and came back. I was at the front of the que when I went back until Mrs. HOSF opened her door and there was some guy inside. As soon as she saw him she turned and said. All year 13 please go away and come back last lesson.

In the meanwhile, I decided to pay another visit to the toilet but I couldn't get into my toilet. Why? well...because for years the lower years have been partly to blame of the increase in damage on the sixth form toilets so the adminstration have decided to put coded locks on the doors stopping the lower years getting in. This code is suppose to remain a secret but already they know it (even before me!) but the door is malfuctioning and not letting anyone in.

Back to the office and again I was first in que. However like before some people were already in there but as they were sixth formers and my friends I didn't really care because they wouldn't be long. HA Right!!! My friends have got problems with their courses which I guess is way more urgent than my needs. But this que kept growing and they kept talking. I had no watch...well I did but it had stopped at 9:05. Anyway by the time, they came out I was not in a good mood.

I figure I had spent 2 hours queing today so I guess I had good reason to be. I admit my case was not urgent I should not have been there really. I have been adviced to apply early and UCAS have already had application. So I finally got into see Mrs. HOSF and I said straight away.

I have been all day and there is a que outside so I jump straight to the point, I know where I'm going and know what I'm doing, Can I have the UCAS form please? She gave it to me and I left. I was in there for less than a minute but had been waiting about 2 hours.

[rant over]

I know this seems petty and unbelievable (like certain peoples A level results) that I am upset over waiting ages for my UCAS form but I just had a bad day I needed to get it off my chest. Thanks guys.

Whats_The_411?
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Your home now
starry
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hope your day gets better
canuck
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
haha, i dont have school untill tommorow.
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I sat on chewing gum :mad:
Doom_and_Gloom
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Originally posted by goldenbarnes
I sat on chewing gum :mad:
I remember when I did that. I had to ask my exboyfriend to get it off as none of my other friend wanted to. After he took it off all he could do for the next week was laugh at me for sitting on it in the first place.
Chubb
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I particularly liked the bit about some people's A-Level results - classic!
Evolin
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i know a place that has to pay £20 for their ucas form...is that common??

oh and hope your day gets better...i hope mines doesnt go like that. the queing for two hours and only having one minute of it reminds me of all the theme park rides in the middle of summer!
Acaila
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
{huggles AMG}
Simba
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
*Hugglez!!!* Hope you feel better soon!!!
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Tazzie)
i know a place that has to pay £20 for their ucas form...is that common??

oh and hope your day gets better...i hope mines doesnt go like that. the queing for two hours and only having one minute of it reminds me of all the theme park rides in the middle of summer!
You have to pay £15 to apply to UCAS, but some schools might pay that for you
kellywood_5
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Awww, sorry you had a rubbish first day. I hope it gets better. I started in Year 12 on Thursday and the first few introduction days were really boring, apart from the trip to Thorpe Park on Friday! I start lessons tomorrow though, so I'm hoping it will get more interesting!
AllergicToFairydust
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Thanks guys for the support! I thought nobody would understand how I feeling.

Talking about money I just remember. Has anyone ever had to pay £25 to have a paper remarked. I have to because of my french oral...is that fair though?
braders89
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
solution-------dont get up tomorow morning
bravis85
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yeah, my first day back sucked as well, i got up at 12 o clock and realised "im goin to uni" so i went back to sleep. My brother just started sixth form tho, and he was complaining cos he didnt have enough different shirts and people were saying things about him wearing the same shirt, and i was like, its your own fault for sitting with the trendy people who care wether you wear the same shirt two days in a row. I didnt let him borrow my shirts tho cos im gonna take them to uni and dress up like a sixth former on days when i feel particularly uninhibited.
Ramaya
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Thats not a very good day
I waited almost 3 hours on results day to simply confirm my choices! It was so so boring!
But I went back to school on Thursday ( :mad: ), thinking I'd finish at 2pm, and that I wouldn't have a last lesson (hoped it would be a free), instead I had 3 lessons, all for which I had brought nothing for and I ended up going home at 4.15 which I wasn' to pleased about. I have to do that 3 times a fortnight, which doesn't sound alot but when you have a full day of school before that it's quite tiring. Never mind
MC REN
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by bravis85)
My brother just started sixth form tho, and he was complaining cos he didnt have enough different shirts and people were saying things about him wearing the same shirt, and i was like, its your own fault for sitting with the trendy people who care wether you wear the same shirt two days in a row. I didnt let him borrow my shirts tho cos im gonna take them to uni and dress up like a sixth former on days when i feel particularly uninhibited.
lmao
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (520)
80.62%
Leave (125)
19.38%

Watched Threads