Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help: Reapplying whilst studying at uni Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I haven't been at university long but I am not enjoying it and feel like I've made the wrong uni choice. I am going to carry on and give it a chance but I am aware the deadline for applications for next year is in January. I am just asking in advance for any advice for reapplying whilst at university. I am unsure on who to use as a reference (if I do decide to reapply) because my sixth form teachers obviously know me better than my current personal tutor, but I have read that it is better to have the most recent academic figure?
    Also, if I decide after applying that I am happy with my current university is it possible to withdraw my application and continue here? I am thinking of applying just in case if university life at my current university doesn't get any better.
    Would appreciate any help/comments
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by mb0205)
    Hi,
    I haven't been at university long but I am not enjoying it and feel like I've made the wrong uni choice. I am going to carry on and give it a chance but I am aware the deadline for applications for next year is in January. I am just asking in advance for any advice for reapplying whilst at university. I am unsure on who to use as a reference (if I do decide to reapply) because my sixth form teachers obviously know me better than my current personal tutor, but I have read that it is better to have the most recent academic figure?
    Also, if I decide after applying that I am happy with my current university is it possible to withdraw my application and continue here? I am thinking of applying just in case if university life at my current university doesn't get any better.
    Would appreciate any help/comments
    1. I think it would depend how I was doing. If it was going well then I might use uni as the strength of your first year results become part of the positive message for entrance. If it was going poorly, then I would use my old referee.
    2. Yes its possible to withdraw it. Not a problem. See whats out there.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, sort of in the same position, except I've left already and am now reapplying after realising I was doing the wrong course. It's easier to speak to your sixth form, let them know you're reapplying, then apply through the school if that makes sense - far easier for them to give you a reference that way.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.