Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do i have to do in college to get into law or criminology Watch

ReputationRep:
    This is my last year and i have to apply for college in 4 months, i want to become a lawyer or do Criminology in Uni but i don't know what to do in college.. do i go to do public services, business or?? thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natalia1958)
    This is my last year and i have to apply for college in 4 months, i want to become a lawyer or do Criminology in Uni but i don't know what to do in college.. do i go to do public services, business or?? thanks
    What do you mean by "go to do"? You mean A-level choices? Extracurriculars? Work Experience?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnGreek)
    What do you mean by "go to do"? You mean A-level choices? Extracurriculars? Work Experience?
    I was thinking not to do A levels and go to college and then uni so choose a course that i could go uni to study law/criminology

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking not to do A levels and go to college and then uni so choose a course that i could go uni to study law/criminology
    Hang on, what sort of courses are offered by your college? Law generally requires at least one essay-based subject, which is usually a humanities or social science-y subject (History, English, Politics, etc).

ReputationRep:
    Im sure a health and social vocational course will allow you to do those! Im not sure about the a level choices you can do though! good luck!

edit: some universitys may be more favourable if you do a levels though, (sadly) just do your research and youll be ok! you have plenty of time so dont stress!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunatly this is a little too vague. Almost any law degree is off the table if you've not studied A-Levels. You'd need to look at Crimonology and see which ones accept a Level 3 BTEC in place of A-Levels. If you know you want to become a lawyer, A-Levels are the way to go forward, then taking a Law degree (or, history/English Lit etc. Then a conversion course)

It will limit you greatly in terms of law if you don't take A-Levels. However, still entirely possible! Do some research. Email universities, look at entry requirements. x
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Not true - many Universities will offer places on Law degree courses to students with level 3 BTecs - in fact there is an Applied Law BTec and many
    students from my college who have studied it have gone on to study law at University

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.